Global Vision. Local Focus.
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We
remain focused on growing customers locally with our unique products, and we offer
a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client’s requirements here and around the world. Employees who thrive at HSBC are service focused, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement, while having the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver.
About Commercial Banking
HSBC Commercial Banking operates in 54 countries and territories, covering the developed and developing markets that matter most to our customers. Through our teams we connect businesses to opportunities, helping them thrive and grow. We work with a wide range of customers, from small enterprises to mid-market companies and large multinationals, providing them with the tools they need to function efficiently. These include trade and receivables finance, global liquidity and cash management, multi-currency accounts, commercial cards, overdrafts, working capital finance, insurance, term loans and syndicated, leveraged, acquisition and project finance.
A Day in the Life of an
Analyst- Corporate Banking
include the following:
The position is responsible to support the development of commercial/middle-market enterprise transactions and relationships and to the management of the sector/client coverage. Provide financial analysis and client coverage support related to complex commercial banking transactions and relationships across a group of industry and product sectors.
- Attend client presentations and meetings as a member of the team and respond to specific client questions directed to the details of the analysis and research completed by the Associate. Provide backup to Senior Relationship Manager for client pitches and presentations.
- Prepare external client proposals and internal underwriting memos.
- Assist senior relationship manager in performing client onboarding and other necessary KYC/compliance related procedures.
- May review periodic compliance certificate filed by clients and complete procedures outlined by the Bank.
- As a key member of the commercial team, assist in a wide range of activities designed to support growth in this segment, across all sectors and across all geographies.
- Support the large corporate relationship managers and the national Syndications team to manage the sector/client coverage through developing external contacts and maintaining ongoing interactions with Senior Management at relevant industry companies.
- Participate in idea generation activities and preparation of proposals/pitches for new business development.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Commerce and/or CA/CGA/CMA or equivalent with one to three years of commercial banking experience
- Excellent financial and analytical capability and modeling skills with familiarity with related software.
- Superior Microsoft Office suite (excel, word, PowerPoint) with aptitude to learn new software skills.
- Strong attention to detail/data integrity and able to effectively deal with pressure from deadlines.
- Developing good client relationship and business development capabilities.
In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity: Opportunities to network and build global relationships
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
Learn more about HSBC
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. HSBC Group – one of the world’s largest banking and financial services with assets of US$2,492bn at 30 June 2017. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!