Reporting to the Engineering Manager with frequent interaction with the Human Resources Manager, the
EHS Officer develops, implements and monitors the health and safety programs and procedures for the
plant. The Officer provides subject matter expertise and technical assistance to all operational units.
An experienced EHS leader, the Officer provides guidance to others in the application of information and
best practices; supports and aligns efforts to meet customer and business needs; and builds commitment
for perspectives and rationales. The Officer models compliance with company policies and procedures
and supports a safety-first culture.
With support and coordination from HR, the Manager will oversee the development of EHS training
curriculum and supporting materials, and directly support the delivery of EHS training for all plant
▪ Bachelor’s degree or certificate in a related field of study;
▪ Certification in an Environmental, Health, and Safety related discipline (e. g., Certified Safety
Professional (CSP) or Certified Environmental Professional (CEP));
▪ 3-5 years’ of EHS experience in a Logistics or Manufacturing environment;
▪ Ability to communicate, present to and influence all levels of the organization;
▪ Ability to execute work with minimal supervision;
▪ Additional training and/or Certification, for example: Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points
(HACCP), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Good Manufacturing Practice
(GMP) or Statistical Process Control (SPC);
▪ EHS management system deployment experience;
▪ Excellent knowledge of the OHS laws and regulations applying to Ontario;
Apply online with cover letter and resume.