About the Company
Canada Royal Milk (CRM) is Ontario’s newest food manufacturing company, with production starting in
September 2019. Construction of our state-of-the-art facility is progressing quickly, and we are looking
for people to join our team immediately.
CRM is a Canadian corporation established by our parent company, Feihe International Inc. in October
2016. Feihe International is the largest domestic producer of formula for infants and young children in
the Peoples Republic of China, and company recently celebrated its 56th year in business. In 2018, for
the 4th consecutive year, Feihe was awarded the Gold Quality Award by Monde International (known as
the Nobel Prize of the food industry) for its AstroBaby infant milk powder.
Canada Royal Milk will manufacture formulations for infants and young children using both cow dairy and
goat dairy, building local supply chains to benefit the Canadian economy. Most of our production will be
for export, but we intend to develop nutritional products for the North American market as well.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Quality Assurance Manager is fully responsible for ensuring the
quality and safety of our products. The QA Manager enforces quality control during all stages of
production, from receiving raw materials to the shipping of finished product. The QA Manager ensures
that all regulations and food safety standards for Canada and China are adhered to.
The standard office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Most of the work occurs
during regular week day office hours. However, as an international company with frequent interaction
with head office, hours of work involved may vary to accommodate differences in time zones. The
Quality Assurance Manager must be available to work flexible hours which includes evenings and
This job mainly operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment
such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. Occasionally, the incumbent will be
required to accompany team members onto the construction site. Personal Protective Equipment is and
health and safety training will be provided.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Establish and implement Quality Management System, ensuring requirements of both Canadian
and Chinese regulatory bodies are met;
2. Establish and manage the Quality Assurance Department at Canada Royal Milk, including the
selection, training and management of QA employees;
3. Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of the Quality Assurance Department
and the Department Budget;
4. Direct quality control inspection system and develop reporting procedures;
5. Oversee Regulatory Compliance including inspection, documentation and reporting;
6. Maintain, develop, evaluate, recommend and implement HACCP, SQF and GMP quality
assurance, along with quality control, tests and guidelines;
7. Ensure effective operation of the QMS on a daily basis and coordinate the resolution of
problems observed during operation;
8. Responsible for matters concerning quality control and on-site supervisory inspection and
evaluation of production, and assisting the production lines in solving quality and technical
9. Provide feedback on and respond to quality problems in a timely manner;
10. Responsible for intervening in production scheduling and control of production cycle of semifinished
11. Frequent communication with regulatory agencies and the coordination of inspections and
reporting as required;
12. Has the authority to inspect the quality of work of all departments, make corrections and report
13. Other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Science or relevant field required; Masters Degree considered an asset
▪ 7+ years supervisory experience
▪ 7+ years in quality assurance management or regulatory compliance in our dairy processing or
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
▪ Knowledge of quality safety relating to infant formula milk powder manufacture in China and
▪ Proficient with office software and able to compile operation and management protocols.
▪ Analytical and deductive reasoning skills along with attention to detail.
▪ Ability to interpret and implement regulatory rulings.
▪ Ability to work independently with strong leadership skills.
▪ Prior experience participating in third party audits is a must.
▪ Inter-personal skills: must demonstrate a track record of positive working relationships at every
level of an organization.
▪ Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
Other Skills and Abilities
▪ Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications;
Apply online with resume and cover letter.
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!