McKeil Marine is one of Canada’s leading marine service providers. Experienced and adaptive, we deliver turn-key solutions that support our customers success in a wide range of transportation and project challenges. Customer service, safety, quality and respect for the environment are at the heart of our operations. When you join McKeil Marine you can look forward to a very competitive total compensation program and a team of passionate colleagues in a fast paced, growing organization that supports all communities in which we operate.
McKeil Marine Limited has immediate openings for Second Engineers aboard our vessels. We are looking for eager and self-starting individuals responsible for the up keeping, and maintenance of all machinery.
- Our crew enjoy regular schedules with minimal disruptions – you can plan your time at home
- Company paid and arranged travel to ports
- Our crew matter – at McKeil it feels like family
- We sail safe – your safety is our top priority
- Certificate upgrade programs and incentives
- Company paid training
- Competitive wages and comprehensive group benefits program
- Annual crew meetings foster team building
- Generous referral bonus program
- Safe and economical operations of machinery on both the tug and barge
- Assist with the safe and proper operation of the propulsion and auxiliary machinery and prompt and precise response to the engine orders received from the navigating bridge
- Monitoring of bunkers and lubricants
- Safe and proper management of the Engine Room Department
- Ensure to follow all safety policies and procedures
- Other duties assigned.
- Fourth-Class Engineer Certificate issued by Transport Canada
- Tug & Barge experience an asset
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Experienced with Safety Management Systems
Be a part of a winning and growing organization.
Licensed candidates must hold a valid Transport Canada Certificate of Competency, valid seafarer’s medical, and be STCW 95 certified. Candidates must also possess a valid passport as well as clearance to enter the US.
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McKeil Marine is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
Job Type: Full-time