Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character-driven stories to screens around the world!
Our award winning, and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company, is looking for a 3D Rigger who is responsible for bringing our next batch of fantastic projects to life. This role reports directly to the Asset Supervisor.
- Use available studio tools to rig characters and props
- Rig characters and props that support the show’s design aesthetic
- Design control mechanisms that are simple and intuitive for animators
- Work collaboratively with design, layout and animation leads to meet the needs of the production
- Model / Transfer blendshapes for secondary characters
- Stay on top of new tools and methods for rigging on an animated series
- Make sure work is completed and delivered per schedule
- In depth knowledge of Maya rigging
- Strong secondary abilities in modeling
- Functional knowledge of Maya shader networks and UV placement
- An understanding of cartoon animation principles and how they apply to rigging
- Ability to automate tasks with MEL or Python is an asset
- Production experience is an asset
Why Join Guru?
- We believe that creativity and quality are paramount, and we select projects that allow us to grow creatively.
- Creating fun is part of our brand! It’s time to be a part of an environment that nurtures your creativity, forward thinking vision, and an innate entrepreneurial spirit!
Guru is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that celebrates the diversity of its employees. We are dedicated to employment equity and welcome applications from people from all Indigenous groups, races, religions, genders and people with disabilities.
We are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience during our recruitment process and are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where candidates and employees feel valued and respected. Guru strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed in the recruitment process as all other candidates. If you have a disability, you may request to be accommodated at any time. Guru will work with all candidates to accommodate individual accessibility needs to the point of undue hardship.
Guru Studio would like to thank all applicants for your interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.