We’re looking for an experienced 3D Surfacing Artist. You’ll be joining a vibrant entertainment company known for creating, developing and producing award-winning, hit shows such as True and the Rainbow Kingdom for Netflix, the smash-hit PAW Patrol, Mattel’s Ever After High; and our own Emmy Award nominated series Justin Time. Our studio also contributed visual development on the Academy Award nominated animated feature The Breadwinner.
At Guru, quality, original thinking, and respect for our artist’s workflow are at the core of our values. We’re always looking for passionate and committed talent, so come join our dynamic and growing team!
What You’ll Do:
- Primary Role is to UV / Texture / Develop Shaders to be used in Production.
- Work with the Surfacing Supervisor or Lead to reach the intended look of Locations, Environments, Props and Set Dressing based on the guidelines outlined by the Supervisors
- Maintain a clean and predictable naming structure for textures, shaders and shading networks
- Keep team informed of any potential technical or creative problems
- Collaborate with other artists to ensure quality and consistency
- Keep up to speed with up and coming technology, and make recommendations for workflow improvement
Apply If You Have:
- 2+ years experience in production
- Strong understanding of how an Animation TV series pipeline operate
- Strong traditional artwork portfolio is an asset
- Knowledge of 3D texturing tools (Substance Painter, Substance Designer, zBrush)
- A Portfolio that demonstrates intelligent and well utilized UVs
- Advanced to Expert knowledge of Maya/Redshift Shader Development
- Knowledge of Xgen is an asset
- A good understanding of the PBR workflow
Why Join Guru?
- We believe that creativity and quality are paramount, and we select projects that allow us to grow creatively.
- Creating fun is part of our brand! It’s time to be a part of an environment that nurtures your creativity, forward thinking vision, and an innate entrepreneurial spirit!
Guru is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that celebrates the diversity of its employees. We are dedicated to employment equity and welcome applications from people from all Indigenous groups, races, religions, genders and people with disabilities.
We are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience during our recruitment process and are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where candidates and employees feel valued and respected. Guru strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed in the recruitment process as all other candidates. If you have a disability, you may request to be accommodated at any time. Guru will work with all candidates to accommodate individual accessibility needs to the point of undue hardship.