We are looking for a Technical Director to help us extend our pipeline into the future.
Are you excited to help us move our traditional Maya assets into a USD / Houdini Solaris workflow? Do you have a good understanding of Maya’s asset workflows including traditional data exchange formats like Alembic ? We want to talk to you!
You’ll be joining a vibrant entertainment company known for creating, developing and producing award-winning, hit shows such as True and the Rainbow Kingdom for Netflix, the smash-hit PAW Patrol, Mattel’s Ever After High, and our own Emmy Award nominated series Justin Time. Our studio also contributed visual development on the Academy Award nominated animated feature The Breadwinner.
At Guru, quality, original thinking, and respect for our artist’s workflow are at the core of our values. We’re always looking for passionate and committed talent, so come join our dynamic and growing team!
- Contribute to develop, optimize, maintain and test frameworks and tools used in a 3D production.
- Problem solving day-to-day pipeline issues that arise during production.
- Collaborate with production supervisors to plan and establish methodologies that meet or exceed the requirements of each production.
- Develop and implement training documentation and mentoring to enhance skill sets within the studio.
- Participate in code review sessions.
- Ability to think critically, diagnose and solve problems independently as well as collaboratively.
- Understanding of 3D animation workflows and pipelines.
- Strong coding skills with an object-oriented approach in Python, with a minimum of 4 years’ experience using them in production environments.
- Experience with Houdini, Solaris and HOM
- Understanding of Maya’s API, geometry, shaders and related file formats
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Comfortable using a Windows and Linux shell.
- Familiarity with git or similar versioning system.
- Ability to work in a team and in an independent environment.
- Friendly, approachable personality
● Previous experience supporting multiple productions.
Guru is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that celebrates the diversity of its employees. We are dedicated to employment equity and welcome applications from people from all Indigenous groups, races, religions, genders and people with disabilities.
We are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience during our recruitment process and are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where candidates and employees feel valued and respected. Guru strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed in the recruitment process as all other candidates. If you have a disability, you may request to be accommodated at any time. Guru will work with all candidates to accommodate individual accessibility needs to the point of undue hardship.