Company: Cardinal Golf Group, Cardinal Gold Club (Oliver’s Nest) Inc.
Location: Oakwood, ON
Reporting to: Group Accounting Manager
Probation Review Date: 3 Months
Start Date: ASAP
The accountant is mainly responsible for full cycle of accounts receivable and part cycle of accounts payable and Inventory Management. The accountant will also assist to prepare the cashflow projection and annual budget etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deposit Cash and Cheque daily.
- Post EOD entries to record the daily transactions via POS.
- Post AR invoices, debit/credit memos and adjustments to customer accounts.
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, credit card transactions and online payments.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verifies customer account balances with sales team, investigate and resolve discrepancies by making necessary adjustments.
- Reconcile account balances between accounting system and operating system.
- Collect vendor invoices, staff reimbursement application and submit in operating system with proper coding.
- Review and reconcile company credit card statement.
- Enter inventory receiving and adjustment transactions in operating system, count inventory, prepare month-end inventory report.
- Fixed Assets register maintenance & tracking, year-end asset count.
- Maintain accounting relevant files and documentation thoroughly and accurately.
- Assist with other projects and administrative duties as needed.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ years accounting experiences
- College courses in accounting required
- Ability to use Microsoft productivity software such as Excel and Word.
- Deadline and detail-oriented, professional attitude, reliable.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask, strong time management skills
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
- Effective corporate communications skills, be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Full-time year-round employment.
- Some evening and weekend work required during peak season, emergencies, and special projects.