With Sales and Support Offices in Canada, the United States, the UK, India, and Poland, we are a growing company looking for an energetic and motivated Accounting Associate. Having manufactured, sold, installed and supported more than 11,500 CNC machines, AXYZ Automation Group is a leading global manufacturer of CNC Router and CNC Knife Systems.
The Accounting Associate is responsible for assisting with the day to day processing of accounting transactions, providing support, and striving for continual process improvement to ensure effective delivery of finance-related services.
Major Responsibilities/ Working Relationships:
- Partners with the AP leader and supports the processing of AP, AR and general journal transactions.
- Performs data entry of AP transactions in the expense approval and GL system.
- Verifies the accuracy, internal consistency, and completeness of accounting documents and processes.
- Completes monthly bank reconciliation.
- Processes credit card and employee expenses.
- Researches and resolves invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Corresponds with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Assists with month-end closing.
- Prepare monthly accounting entries related to prepaid and other accounts.
- Provides supporting documentation for audits.
- Scans attach documents and assists with filing and organizing.
- Administer Doc-Link software.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with a large vendor base with a high volume of transactions.
- Understanding of general ledger and period close procedures.
- Ability to apply judgment in analyzing situations or data and be proactive.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in data entry with strong attention to detail.
- Concur software experience considered an asset.
- Proficient the user of Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple projects and set and manage priorities to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Self-directed, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Competitive compensation.
- Flex Benefits including Health Care Spending Account.
- Personal Learning Program and Leadership Development.
- Paid Vacation.