JOB DESCRIPTION :
Maintain current records on receivables, payables, payroll, and sales; prepare payroll, telephone and/or correspond with customers, wholesalers and/or manufacturers, bill and collect in-store accounts, prepare provincial and federal tax forms, and perform related duties as may be assigned. The bookkeeper must perform all assigned tasks with sufficient speed and accuracy to avoid adverse impact on the level of customer service and negative impact on the company’s cash flow and credit rating.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tabulate daily sales and record them as to cash, credit, discounted, etc., according to company policy.
- Take daily transaction reports from the POS system and transfer them into the store’s financial records.
- Audit and verify business records such as invoices, sales contracts, financial figures etc., for accuracy before they are entered as part of the store’s business records.
- Pay bills and invoices according to a payment schedule that takes full advantage of maximum discounts.
- Maintain current accounts receivable records.
- Make bank deposits.
- Strong knowledge of Quick Books System.
- Manage and process all WSIB related expenses and programs.
- See that local, federal, and provincial tax obligations of the store are met without penalties.
- Prepare forms required by local, provincial, or federal governments.
- File store records such as invoices, sales contracts, and orders.
- Prepare sales and purchase orders, as required.
- Prepare monthly statements and mail to charge customers on a predetermined mailing date.
- Prepare profit and loss statements and balance sheets as often as required, in accordance with company policy.
- Shut off the customer’s credit with the company when and if the account reaches a specified delinquency status.
- Send collection letters to delinquent accounts as require, as per company policy.
- Report accounts that are shut off for non-payment to the management, the local credit bureau, and to all sales personnel.
- Correspond with suppliers, sub-trades, customers, etc., pertaining to purchases, legal matters, etc.
- Prepare payroll cheques and maintain payroll records.
- Process personnel records required by company policy.
- Maintain professional confidentiality of all store and customer records
- Order office supplies such as forms, letterhead, envelopes, etc.
- Attend store meetings, training sessions, etc., as arranged by management.
- Work on additional duties and assignments as assigned by management.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance to provincial and federal safety legislation, as well as use of good common sense. Report any potential hazards and unsafe behavior to management in order to have the situation corrected.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by telephone and in person with management, employees, suppliers, customers, etc.
- Read and interpret financial information presented in a wide variety of forms and record it quickly and accurately. This includes, but is not limited to, Home Hardware monthly statements, remittances, invoices and pick-lists.
- Operate office equipment, including telephone, computer, photocopier, and fax machine.
- Must comprehend written material, including local, provincial, and federal forms, invoices.
- High School graduation or equivalent.
- Post-secondary education in office administration and/or business accounting.
- Ability to work co-operatively in a team atmosphere.
- Reports directly to the General Manager and/or Dealer-Owner
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year