Reporting to the Assistant Controller, this position will provide support to the accounting group in the areas of month end closing, the preparation of account reconciliations and supporting schedules and statutory reporting.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual account reconciliations as assigned to comply with the Key Account Reconciliation schedule.
- Assist the accounting group with month end journal entries and schedules to ensure a timely and accurate closing process for multiple corporate entities.
- Prepare account and variance analysis to provide visibility and clarity on transactions.
- Assist in Statistic Canada reporting for numerous corporate entities.
- Assist in preparation of working papers for the quarterly reviews and year-end audit.
- Preparation of other financial and management information as requested.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in an accounting field or equivalent experience.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a related field.
- Experience working in an organization with multiple accounting entities.
- Experience working for a publically traded company would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems gained through practical experience.
- Proficiency in using advanced features of Microsoft Excel and extracting data from an ERP system.
- Ability to multi task and work independently while being an active participant within the team.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and attention to detail.
Interested in the opportunity? Apply today! Please include the title of the position in the subject of your email.
Algoma Central Corporation encourages applications from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship from Algoma.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Accounting: 2 years