Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC-GduC), a national membership-based organization, empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be. Our mission is to be a catalyst for girls empowering girls. Together, we’re building our vision of A better world, by girls.
GGC is actively searching for an Accounting Manager.
*Remote work arrangement temporarily due to COVID-19
About this Opportunity
The Accounting Manager will play a key role in managing the operational accounting of a nation-wide shared services platform. You likely have at least five years of experience in a senior accounting role that involves leading a team, managing accounting operations, and experience with accounting specific to the non-profit sector. This position will report into the Director, Finance.
The Accounting Manager will:
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of GGC’s accounting team, including banking, A/P and A/R processes for multiple divisions in the organization
- Advise operational divisions within the organization concerning best practices for the receipt of funds related to memberships, events and merchandise.
- Oversee the monthly close processes within the scope of responsibility of the accounting manager including bank reconciliations, subledger to GL reconciliations, and purchase card reconciliations
- Communicate with volunteers to ensure transactions are processed on a timely basis and questions are responded to
- Play a key role in the preparation of materials and discussion of such materials with the external auditor.
- Ensure process documentation and internal control framework remains applicable and up to date.
- Manage the integrity and structure of accounting recognition related to online registration, charitable contributions, and merchandising.
- Ensure policy compliance, accuracy and timeliness of journal entries, and cash flow management.
- Manage compliance with tax filings, including monthly indirect tax fillings all business segments.
- Assist the Director, Finance with the development of financial policies and procedures.
You are the model candidate if you:
- Have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a managerial capacity in a finance department.
- Hold a professional accounting designation such as CPA.
- Have a post-secondary degree in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant discipline.
- Have strong knowledge of GAAP requirements specific to the not-for-profit sector.
- Have experience in managing and motivating a diverse team of accounting staff of approximately 10 members to achieve optimum performance.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Have working knowledge on Sage.
- Have demonstrated computer software proficiency with MS Office; Office 365, advanced Excel.
- Have excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Embody the attributes of our core DNA – welcoming, imaginative, courageous and enthusiastic.
- Have working experience with a Non-Profit organization is an asset.
- Knowledge of/experience with Guiding
- Experience working with a diverse population of volunteers within the non-profit sector
If this sounds like a job tailor-made for you, apply today!
Send your cover letter and resume (as one file)