Each and every day 11,000 Sienna Senior Living team members wake up with a common sense of purpose: to enrich the lives of residents, a desire that in turn enriches their own lives. Our team members know they’ve made a difference at the end of each day; they know their actions have helped others feel better than they thought possible.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator will be responsible for reviewing packages from various Communities on a weekly basis and checking invoices and back-up documentation. The Accounts Payable Coordinator will be responsible for month-end closing of accounts payable for various Communities on a very tight deadline and reconciliation of pertinent vendor statements monthly.
- Scan and enter vendor invoices into the Accounts Payable module of Yardi, PayScan or other systems as required
- Review vendor invoices and ensure amounts total correctly
- Ensures all invoices are coded appropriately and approved according to the invoice approval matrix
- Correspond with the Communities and vendors to verify, gather or request information related to their Accounts Payable
- Liaise with Accounts Receivable and Accounting to forward information and to obtain information to process invoices for payment
- Communicate with vendors when they are querying payments or need information with respect to payments received
- Print cheques on a bi-weekly basis and upon request
- Print reports upon request of Manager
- Reconcile vendor statements/accounts
- Assist in the year end process by preparing reports as required and other duties as requested by the Controller to assist in the year end
- Enrolment or completion of post-secondary education preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of accounts payable, accounting or business office experience
- Working knowledge and experience with Excel and email
- Experience working with financial systems such as Yardi Voyager and PayScan
- Good analytical skills
- Good attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills required
Act upon your desire to help others, an aspiration that exists within all of us. Join Sienna Senior Living and help us to continue to enhance the lives of those we serve. Click here to submit your application.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.
A bit about Sienna
A winner of the Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures 2017 award, our aim is to consistently create a positive resident and team member experience, along with a high-performing team and workplace culture driven by shared values and a commitment to innovation and excellence.
We are one of Canada’s largest owners and operators of seniors living options, with 73 high-quality seniors’ residences in Canada comprising independent living, assisted living, long-term care and specialized programs and services for seniors.
Sienna Senior Living is a publicly traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:SIA).