Administrative Assistant to the General Manager
- Closing Date: N/A
- RATE OF PAY:Salary
- POSITIONS AVAILABLE:1
- TYPE:Full Time
- AVG. HOURS/WEEK:40
- EDUCATION:College, University
ONLY CANDIDATES’ WHO ARE FLUENT IN MANDARIN, BOTH SPOKEN AND WRITTEN, WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE. APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT MEET THE LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Reporting to the General Manager, this position provides complex and confidential administrative, technical and logistical support to the General Manager, and acts as the General Manager’s liaison with head office. Advance communication skills in both English and Mandarin are required for the role.
The Assistant to the General Manager demonstrates independent judgment in the planning, prioritization, and execution of projects, assignments and communications. Duties include office administration, report preparation, meeting logistics, travel arrangements, delegation of requests and assisting with other priorities as required.
The standard office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Most of the work occurs during regular week day office hours. However, as an international company with frequent interaction with head office, hours of work involved may vary to accommodate differences in time zones. The Assistant must be available to work flexible hours which includes evenings and weekends.
This job mainly operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. Occasionally, the incumbent will be required to accompany team members onto the construction site. Personal Protective Equipment is and health and safety training will be provided.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Co-ordinate and manage special assignments and projects on behalf of the General Manager;
2. Act as a liaison between the General Manager and head office to ensure proper handling of all business matters and timely communication of information;
3. Administration of office including but not limited to: coordination and maintain appropriate corporate records and registrations; coordination and tracking of the assignment of company equipment; maintaining office supplies and equipment; and distributing mail and communications;
4. Coordinate, prepare and gather information to assist in the preparation of reports, presentations, business and operating plan documents and status reports, including following up with the appropriate individuals;
5. Create, format and edit business communications in both English and Chinese (simplified);
6. Attend meetings and act as recording secretary and ensure accurate minutes are compiled and distributed within established timeframes. Manage action item lists from meetings;
7. Proactively manage the General Manager’s calendar including booking travel arrangements;
8. Oversee the coordination and planning of significant corporate events;
9. Is privy to, and must protect, confidential materials;
10. Other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Arts, focus on Communications and/or Marketing is an asset.
Experience: 3-5 years progressively responsible related experience, which includes at least two years’ experience in a senior executive support role with business planning exposure.
Language: Advanced written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese/Mandarin. Language skills will be tested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven executive-level support and adherence to confidentiality and sensitivity issues experience;
- Superb interpersonal skills, a professional, collaborative attitude and sound judgment;
- Excellent administrative skills with strong working knowledge of word processing, report generation and presentation creation;
- Intuitive and anticipatory and can work independently;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have the flexibility and adaptability to handle a variety of challenges on short notice;
- Proficient skills in prioritization and scheduling;
- Time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents;
Other Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications;
- Knowledge of or experience in project management considered an asset.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Life insurance coverage
- Medical, prescription, dental, and vision plans
- Long term disability insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Great pay
- On the job training
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities