We are looking for Android Developers with a passion for what they do, and an interest in health tech, apps, wearables, and improving healthcare.
The eHealth Innovation team is a group of developers, biomedical engineers, computer scientists and hardware designers dedicated to developing technology innovations that connect patients with healthcare providers and improve their lives.
As a part of University Health Network, we are a part of one of the most important medical research centres in North America. We have good results. In a randomized controlled trial, our applications have been shown to significantly improve heart failure outcomes in patients with Congestive Heart Failure. In another we’ve demonstrated a 10 point drop in blood pressure for hypertensive patients.
Our team is smart, ambitious and passionate, and our work is driven by the desire to improve patients lives. Being in a research environment, we are able to concentrate on this goal without being distracted by short term profit motives, or keeping investors happy. Every member of our tightly knit development team has full input into every stage of project architecture, design and implementation. We own our projects and build apps that have real, meaningful and measurable impact on sick people’s lives.
We are currently looking for an Intermediate or Senior Android Developer to help us build medical apps for our patients and our clinicians.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have experience developing Android Apps for phones
- Have experience with Java (and hopefully at least have played with Kotlin too)
- Know how to build apps using the Android toolchain, deploy them to the Google Play store, etc.
- Know enough about web technologies to make something neat (HTML, CSS, JS, etc.)
- Be a big open source nerd. We use lots, and we create a fair bit too.
- Want to try every new technology they discover, and have trouble resisting that urge.
- Have a BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Some other stuff that would be cool too:
- Experience with (or an interest in) various server stacks and languages (Ruby, Java, Python, Node, etc.)
- Knowledge of the health system and building healthcare applications.
- An interest in UI/UX design.
You can find out more at ehealthinnovation.org
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $60,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year