At Allstate, We believe in bringing strength, experience and care to our customers. We do that by building solutions that touches millions of Canadians on a daily basis since 1953. Individuals at Allstate judge their success by the success of their team and the happiness of customers. We are passionate about staying on top of industry trends and technologies.
Mobile Platform team is seeking Android Mobile Engineer to join our team. You will work alongside people as passionate and driven as you, focused on delivering best possible technical solutions and user experiences. As Android Mobile Engineer, you’ll typically code hard each day, in pair, but then you’re off work to relax, recharge and refocus.
Reporting to Ashish Naik, Manager, Mobile Platform, you will be accountable for;
- End to end ownership on project deliverables
- Collaborate across multiple teams while maintaining good communicationto ensure smooth rollout of product releases
- Participates and contributes to all phases in building new digital products, including programming, defect correction, unit testing, code review, and deployment planning
- Work closely with the team, product manager and designers
- Build scalable and fault-tolerant solutions
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of hands-on mobile application development experience for Android mobile devices
- Experience with enterprise level, high-availability mobile application development required
- Proficiency in Android Studio required
- Working knowledge of profile provisioning and key management (such as push notifications, mapping etc.)
- Knowledge of phone features such as accelerometer, camera, GPS and experience integrating with these functions
- Identify and implement best practices for mobile UI design for the Android platform
- Up to date on Google development standards
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile XP methodologies
- Experience to work in a balanced and lean team to deliver remarkable results
- Experience with source control tool such as GitHub
- Experience with Continuous integration and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Concourse CI
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Assists in producing and executes on technical designs
- A passion for well-designed products and work with Design Team and prototype, wireframe and white board your ideas
- Good understanding of mobile current standards and cutting edge technologies and frameworks
- Good understanding of Cloud native development and deployment is a plus
- Production monitoring and support as needed
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Allstate Canada Group has policies and practices that provide workplace accommodations. If you require accommodation please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Allstate Insurance Company of Canada is one of the country’s leading producers and distributors of home and auto insurance products, serving Canadians since 1953. Allstate is committed to making a positive difference in the communities in which it operates and has partnered with organizations such as Mothers Against Drunk Driving, United Way. To learn more about Allstate Canada, visit www.allstate.ca .
We’re proud to have made Aon Hewitt’s 2017 list of the
Best Employers in Canada!