The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices while maintaining customer relationships and taking action to ensure invoices are paid by our customers within account terms while providing a high level of customer satisfaction.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Post secondary education in related field
- High school diploma
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment; handle multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Superior ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers through written and verbal expression while providing superior customer service.
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to investigate, address and resolve customer deductions in a timely manner.
- Good organizational skills, detail-oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Experienced in Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains
- Be a team player with a customer service mentality applied to both internal and external customers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Management reserves the right to update or change any job description at its discretion.
Please send your application to [email protected]