At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
Enterprise Services, Working better together. Our teams are dedicated to providing the services and technology our business partners need to help customers achieve lifetime financial security. Through innovation and collaboration, we’re striving to continually find new and better ways to bring value to Sun Life. Enterprise Services has employees in Canada, Ireland, the U.S. and Asia. We partner closely with groups and individuals throughout Sun Life Financial to provide products and services that deliver business value.
The Digital Solutions team is looking for an Application Analyst with experience designing, developing, supporting and analyzing large scale applications and systems. The successful candidate will have strong technical and problem solving skills and will show initiative, be accepting of responsibility and be accountable for results.
- Provide technical leadership to projects ensuring risks are mitigated and projects are implemented successfully, and to ensure coding, testing, debugging and implementation activities are completed as required
- Collaborate with architects, designers, business system analysts, application analysts and testing specialists to deliver high quality solutions
- Produce both high-level and detailed-level designs based on business requirements and defined architectures
- Participate in business requirements, test planning, design reviews, etc. to gain a solid understanding of the application and provide input into various SDLC deliverables
- Coordinate with both onshore and offshore teams to ensure coding, testing, debugging and implementation activities are completed as required
- Review and analyze organizational needs and goals to determine future impacts to applications and systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders and adapt approach when dealing with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a strong, collaborative multi-site team
- Excellent organizing, planning and time management skills
- Self-directed and proactive; thinking beyond the immediate problem with ability to analyze situations/problems systematically and deliver effective right-sized solutions in a timely manner
- Possess an inherent passion for continuous improvement and innovation
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline
- Minimum 7 years of progressive information technology experience with full application development life cycle and systems integration experience
- Strong working knowledge of C#, .NET, .ASP, VB.Net, IIS, Windows Server, SQL Server, Visual Studio, web and web hosting technologies
- Excellent understanding of distributed application architectures
- Provide on-call support for production environments on a rotating schedule
- Periodic weekend / after-hours work may be required to support project implementations and system upgrades
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to ‘[email protected]’.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IT – Application Development
Posting End Date: