Teknion creates furniture that connects people, technology and spaces. We hold to a simple yet powerful principle: design does matter. We are a different kind of company–one with an entrepreneurial spirit defined by passion, curiosity and bold, creative thinking. A privately held company with a youthful entrepreneurial spirit, we recognize the vast skills, knowledge, perspectives and cultural contributions that diversity brings to Teknion. Because different perspectives and experiences trigger creativity and innovation, diversity is integral to our success. Our employees are the heart and soul of our business. To support their development is to enhance our biggest asset.
The Application Developer is a member of the IT Business Applications team with a primary focus on development of the Configura Extension – Teknion StoryBoard software and its data objects. The Developer will work closely with Business and IT stakeholders to architect, develop and maintain Business Applications as required governed by the Teknion IT Project Management Office (PMO) and the IT Business Application team.The Developer will report to the Director, Business Applications and will work directly with the Manager, Application Development.The applications are predominately designed for (but not limited to) Teknion Corporation (Global Reach). Some applications will integrate to International Teknion companies and interactions with parties’ external to Teknion. Collaborate with the peers regarding development – within team as well as other team members across the corporation and external to the corporation.
- Develop and maintain custom extensions for Teknion’s StoryBoard implementation of the Configura Software. The Extensions consist of product offerings represented in 2D and 3D, with costing, business logic and error prevention
- Work with the Business Team(s) as part of the Product Life Cycle (Product Launches) to develop StoryBoard Data Objects representing product in 2D and 3D, analyze and resolve defects
- Develop & maintain Business Applications based on the Teknion’s PMO project list that are modern and focus on open connectivity – internal and external to Teknion Limited, using established developmental frameworks – internal as well as external / open-source
- Contribute towards continuous improvement in application code, process and technology
- Document and maintain technical documentation as required
- Follow the established SDLC procedures within Teknion
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or similar) or diploma with 2-5 years of front-end development experience
- Strong experience in C++, C#, Java or any other Object Oriented Language
- Experience in Configura Extension Technology (CET) Programming Language CM is a strong asset
- CM belongs to the Java/C#/C++ family of programming languages, with high-level influences from common lisp
- Excellent grasp of object oriented concepts with experience in using them to build production applications
- Working knowledge of Web Application Development & scripting leveraging frameworks & technologies such as Python, PHP, VBA, LISP, Ruby, RoR, Bootstrap, etc.
- GitHub or similar version control systems, conformity to good coding standards and conventions, and of course a knack for problem solving!
- Strong analytical capabilities and abilities to balance advanced UI and Framework development against essential functionality and customization as well as an ability and willingness to learn new languages and technologies
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position
Why you should grow with us!
Company Paid benefits
Group RRSP plan
Excellent work environment and culture
Corporate perks and discounts year round