APPLICATION SUPPORT ANALYST
Relocate to live and work in Bermuda
120-135k $CAD equivalent, low tax!
With the Canadian winter weather upon us, now is the perfect time to consider pursuing an international challenge in balmy, low-tax Bermuda… just a 2.5 hour flight from Toronto! Enjoy Bermuda’s awesome warm sunshine while experience new professional challenges in this state of the art Global Insurance environment.
On behalf of our International Insurance client, we are seeking a talented individual to relocate to Bermuda and join them in the position of Application Support Analyst.The post holder will be responsible for working with both business users and the I.T. team to provide senior application support for a variety of business applications and systems utilized by the organization.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide level 1 and level 2 application support, working closely with Development, QA, Release Management, Operations and business users
- Gather and analyze application logs and performance metrics. Work with Engineers to troubleshoot and debug application issues, follow through to resolution
- Develop and execute effective test scenarios, scripts and use cases
- Monitor applications, servers, databases and scheduled jobs related to applications under support
- Install and validate application releases and patches primarily for core COTS applications
- Identify process improvements with specific focus on COTS applications
- Participate in ad hoc projects and triage meetings to provide support to the business
- Work with 3rd party vendors as needed
Qualifications and experience required:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting critical software applications, ideally core COTS applications in a financial services or Insurance environment
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in SQL Server (T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Proven understanding of programming languages, web technologies, and relational database concepts
- Demonstrable knowledge of software development life cycles/methodologies including agile/waterfall with the ability to contribute to development activities
- Experience leading procurement assessment and bug-fixing of COTS applications
- Experience with customer-centric data systems with specific knowhow on data integrity, integrations, accessibility and insights
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field OR equivalent experience
A competitive, six figure, nearly tax-free compensation and benefits package will be offered, commensurate with experience. Relocation cost assistance, initial temporary housing, health insurance program and relevant work permit will also be offered by the Employer.
Bermuda is a top offshore financial center and one of the world’s most desirable offshore locations in which to live and work. The combination of a warm weather Island living environment, sophisticated career opportunities and low taxation, make the Island a uniquely attractive destination for those seeking a rewarding, once in a life time experience and change of pace!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00 to $135,000.00 /year