Reporting to the Finance Manager, with frequent interaction with the General Manager, the Assistant
Controller assists in developing, directing and managing the company’s accounting functions, including
establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures, preparing financial
statements and reporting to management. The Assistant Controller will also maintain the company’s
accounting systems and implement changes as required by the Finance Manager.
The Assistant Controller also supports the plant management team in other accounting functions
including management reporting, account analysis, budgeting, cash flow and payroll. Work is varied and
will evolve as the company moves from start-up to full production.
▪ University degree in Business/Accounting, with a professional accounting designation (CPA – CA,
▪ 5+ years professional accounting experience within a manufacturing environment;
▪ Strong planning, communication, and analytical skills;
▪ Ability to work with computers and knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
▪ Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial
▪ Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications;
▪ Experience overseeing audits performed by external audit firms;
▪ Financial reporting, analysis, budgeting and some strategic planning experience;
▪ Thorough knowledge of all relevant Federal, Provincial and local requirements regarding
financial records and the like is essential;
▪ Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis techniques;
▪ Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures;
▪ Experience with automated accounting and financial management systems and ERP software;
▪ Experience working in food processing industry highly desirable.
Apply online with cover letter and resume.