The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care has a multi-pronged strategy to provide support to
those affected by the opioid crisis which includes funding to support health care providers with
appropriate pain management and opioid prescribing through a continuing professional
development (CPD) model, among other practice improvement supports.
HQO provides leadership to bring together key system stakeholders to develop a coordinated
and integrated approach to support various prescriber groups (primary care clinicians, surgeons
and dentists) in the areas of opioid prescribing and pain management (see
hqontario.ca/painsupports). This is a coordinated effort with a three-year workplan including an
evaluation component that will monitor outcomes of the collective effort.
HQO contributes several programs as part of the collaborative effort. These
programs include Quality Standards related to opioids prescribing and pain management, and the
HQO MyPractice report for family physicians provides data and quality improvement ideas related
to prescribing practices.
The Business Analyst will work with teams in the Quality Improvement and Health System
Performance branches, other teams across Health Quality Ontario, and external stakeholders to
support the execution of the collaborative workplan. This role is responsible for the development,
implementation and ongoing coordination and monitoring pf the workplan and associated
activities of the partnership. This is a multi-faceted position requiring excellent verbal and written
communication, external partner engagement, and strong project management skills.
130 Bloor Street West, 10th Floor, Toronto ON, M5S 1N5 | Tel: 416 323-6868 | Toll-free: 1 866 623-6868 | Fax: 416 323-9261
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO?
- Develop and conduct feasibility assessments and gap analyses for specified health
system topics, including analyzing data to identify trends, conducting literature reviews,
developing and conducting evaluations, and assisting with stakeholder engagement.
- Work with other members of the team to conduct interviews, focus groups and surveys
and other engagement activities with stakeholders, who may include administrators,
health care providers, staff at ministry and partner organizations, patients and caregivers
- Collaborate with Manager and team members to develop tools, training materials, and
other documentation to support internal and external initiatives.
- Prepares and edits presentations, correspondence, reports, meeting materials, and other
documents, managing sensitive and confidential materials for both internal and external
- Contributes to the development of conference abstracts and presentation materials
- Develop strong relationships with colleagues across the organization to understand
business and operations activities
- Work with external and internal partners to ensure delivery of services or products to
defined standards, within the defined time, demonstrating competent stakeholder
- Develop relationships with Managers and team members to ensure project plan
deliverables are effectively coordinated and issues are resolved
- Communicate project status effectively to relevant partners, anticipating their information
- Working closely with Project Managers, develop project charters, schedules, plans, risk
and issue logs and other project documentation
- Support teams in effectively planning projects from initiation to close, with a focus on
integrated internal coordination
- Monitor project progress and project risk; determine overall impact of risks and identify
resolutions, escalate to Manager, and implement contingency plans once approved by
- Develop tools, templates, and other documentation to support advancement of project
management practices to support project needs
- Support or facilitate effective internal project meetings, as well as develop agendas,
prepare materials, and take minutes
- Coordinate change control procedures to facilitate compliance with standards and best
- Support and coordinate the planning and development of advisory committees
- With support from the Project Manager, plan and support meetings with external partners,
including documentation to support the governance of these meetings
- Coordinate activities for report implementation and production release, ensuring
compliance with standards and procedures, including internal HQO approvals process
and translation requirements, when applicable
- Coordinate post-implementation support activities, ensuring operational documentation
and system support plans are in place and maintaining and archiving core project
- Support compliance with Project Management Office and organizational methodologies,
templates, and processes
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
To be considered for this opportunity, you will have:
- Undergraduate degree in Health Administration, Health Policy, Health Sciences, Social
Sciences, or equivalent experience
- 2 years’ related work experience in a Project Coordinator, Business Analyst, or equivalent
- 4+ years’ related work experience in a Project Coordinator, Business Analyst, or
- Competent business analysis skills
- Competent stakeholder management skills (with support)
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software, including
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio.
- Business Analyst certification
- Training in Agile methodology
- Project Management certification
- Strong organizational skills
- Sound knowledge of analysis, problem solving, and structured approaches to identifying
- Proven ability to respond to a wide variety of issues and deal with unclear situations and
- Excellent judgment in setting priorities, identifying issues, and determining action required;
adept at balancing major concurrent tasks and projects
- Ability to work autonomously within the overall context of a project group
Key Organizational Competencies:
- Think Strategically: Think broadly to build long-term success; understand health care
system impacts and maintain internal alignment.
- Develop People: Grow leadership capacity by investing time and resources to attract,
retain and develop people. Build skills.
- Be Agile: Quickly respond to and shape an ever-changing health care system. Adapt,
navigate and thrive in changing circumstances.
- Act as One Organization: Align on and build consistent business processes; set standards
to ensure effective, quality health care delivery.
- Nurture Partnerships and Relationships: Cultivate effective and influential working
relationships (internal and external) and collaborate to achieve mutually beneficial goals.
Work effectively across the system.
- Build Credibility: Take personal ownership for delivering results and adding value in every
interaction. Continually earn our place as a critical player in the Health Care landscape.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a covering letter and resume to [email protected]
by 4:30 p.m. on the closing date, quoting the above competition number as well as your name. We
thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be