Gain experience with a Global Leader, Manulife Financial…For your Future
Manulife Financial’s Information Systems Co-op program offers an opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the most experienced professionals in the field; people who value new ideas and fresh approaches and who are committed to developing innovative IS solutions that will shape the future of our business.
We are looking for motivated and talented students who are driven to succeed. At Manulife Financial we provide you with real working experience and a wealth of opportunity for learning and development. Our Information Systems Co-op Program offers an excellent student experience; from the large student community, to regular Lunch n’ Learns, the student experience here is truly one to remember. Co-op students will also participate in a Co-op Project in which students work in groups to solve real business problems and present their solutions to our Senior IS Leaders at the end of the co-op term. This is a great opportunity to network with fellow co-op students, utilize Project Management skills, and practice your presentation skills!
In this role, you will consult with the business to determine and understand the business goals and
objectives. You will be responsible for clarifying and translating these objectives into requirements and system design decisions.
- Assist with analysis and defining user requirements
- Assist in identifying issues and recommending solutions
- Work with application developers to ensure solution satisfies business requirements
- Work with QA Team to satisfy testing requirements
- Ensure adherence to quality standards Qualifications
- Proven experience in learning new technologies/applications and tools at a rapid pace
- Experience using systems development and project management methodologies
- Proven experience in MS Office suite of software
- Strong communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Enthusiastic team player
- Ability to grasp new concepts and information quickly
- Well-developed technical documentation and presentation skills
- Ability to work well independently, as well as with others as part of a team
- Enrolled in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or Finance, Math or related fields.
Some interesting tasks you may be assigned:
- Perform business system analysis and complex problem solving.
Work with the Project Manager, Business Users and other team members to develop high quality
business / system requirements for business partners that meet project deadlines.
- Actively participate in System Testing.
- Assist business users during User Acceptance Testing.
- Comply with established Software Development Life Cycle policies and procedures.
The student experience we have to offer:
Build a network of fellow students on coop/internship assignments
Given the opportunity to volunteer and give back to the community
Attend events on a monthly basis with guest speakers from various departments within our organization to further develop your skills as a professional.
Learn about our culture and core values.
- We are recruiting for 12-16 month opportunities at our Kitchener office*
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers’ needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of September 30, 2017, we had over $1 trillion (US$806 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $27.1 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.