At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
Business Systems Consultant
Personable senior business systems analyst sought by industry-leading Canadian Asset Management & Insurance Company for Individual and SLGI Services.
We are continuing to evolve how we attract and engage our clients. As the demand for immediate and convenient information increases, our systems, data, and digital properties are that much more important in creating meaningful experiences that inspire and energize our clients and sales professionals to believe that “Life’s brighter under the Sun”.
For a journey this exciting and complex, we’re looking for someone who can combine expert business analysis skills, a strong technical aptitude, a strategic mindset, diplomatic facilitation, and leadership skills to elicit and build requirements that enable exceptional solutions for our Individual Insurance and Wealth business partners. We operate in a world where time-to-market and evolving business priorities drive our plans. The awesome person who fills this role will need to be resilient, versatile and equally effective in adapting to change as they are following a process.
What You Get
- The opportunity to help evolve our brand through projects and initiatives that contribute to helping us become one of the best asset management and insurance companies in the world.
- To be part of a dynamic team of professionals in a highly collaborative environment.
- Recognition; everyone is a contributor.
- Opportunities to grow your skills through on the job coaching and formal training.
- To be part of an innovative culture where continuous improvement is valued, rewarded and embedded in what we do.
- Opportunities to socialize and team build through fun activities with coworkers.
What We Get
- An expert in the application of business analysis core competencies with at least 5 years of experience .
- A strong communicator who listens and picks up on the spoken and unspoken words to excel at delivering, understanding, and interpreting messages through verbal discussions and in writing.
- A talented facilitator who is skilled in negotiation and influencing.
- A strategic thinker who appropriately applies a variety of planning, analysis, elicitation, modelling, and documentation techniques to accurately define and communicate requirements to help successfully deliver on initiatives.
- A mentor and coach for both peers and junior colleagues.
- A collaborative team member who continuously strives to improve the client experience, our team, and our processes.
- Ideally, we’ll also get somebody with one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of Insurance and/or Wealth products and business operations;
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile methodologies;
- Experience with Organizational Change Management;
- Experience with analysis and modelling for both processes and data;
- A College or University degree, preferably in Information Technology, Business Systems Analysis or equivalent experience;
- A Business Analysis professional certification or working towards;
- A technical aptitude and curiosity
How to be successful in this role
- Lead and manage the development of quality BSA deliverables for small, medium and large projects.
- Partner with business partners, vendors, leaders, application development and testing teams to ensure quality solutions that meet the needs and expectations of our business partners and clients.
- Lead, motivate, support, and coach project team members and peers by providing guidance that is appropriate for their knowledge and skill level.
- Understand the technical and operational challenges and objectives that may impact the rollout of an application/process. Use that to drive discussions about solutions and risk mitigation.
- Establish and maintain trusted advisory roles with clients by gathering and analyzing information to provide recommendations that address and resolve business issues.
- Champion the BSA role by actively promoting learning across the team and contribute to the continuous improvement of the practice by leading initiatives.
- Stay current with trends in emerging technologies and how they could apply to Sun Life Financial
If you’re interested in us, we want to hear from you! We want to know how you can contribute to your success and ours so tell us what makes you that special person we’re looking for. Send us an application that showcases your talent and passion.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues.
We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to ‘[email protected]’.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Business Analysis – Systems
Posting End Date: