We have an immediate opening for an Interpreter and Communications Assistant.
This is a full-time contract position, for a period of 6 months with the possibility of extension.
About the Company
Canada Royal Milk (CRM) is Ontario’s newest food manufacturing company, with production starting in
September 2019. Construction of our state-of-the-art facility is progressing quickly, and we are looking
for people to join our team immediately.
CRM is a Canadian corporation established by our parent company, Feihe International Inc. in October
2016. Feihe International is the largest domestic producer of formula for infants and young children in
the Peoples Republic of China, and company recently celebrated its 56th year in business. In 2018, for
the 4th consecutive year, Feihe was awarded the Gold Quality Award by Monde International (known as
the Nobel Prize of the food industry) for its AstroBaby infant milk powder.
Canada Royal Milk will manufacture formulations for infants and young children using both cow dairy and
goat dairy, building local supply chains to benefit the Canadian economy. Most of our production will be
for export, but we intend to develop nutritional products for the North American market as well.
The Assistant works closely with the Senior Management Team to translate and interpret written and
spoken English to Chinese characters and Mandarin. The subject matter and content of the translation
varies from communications with vendors to construction updates. The Assistant works with
confidential information daily and must understand the responsibility of following company policy: a
non-disclosure and confidentiality agreement is required for the role.
The standard office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Most of the work occurs
during regular week day office hours. However, as an international company with frequent interaction
with head office, hours of work involved may vary to accommodate differences in time zones. Flexible
hours will be required on occasion and may include evening and week-end hours.
This job mainly operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment
such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. Occasionally, the incumbent will be
required to accompany team members onto the construction site. Personal Protective Equipment is
provided, and health and safety training will be provided.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Translate written communications including but not limited to letters, emails and business
presentations from English to Chinese and Chinese to English;
2. Translate spoken communications including but not limited to telephone calls, individual
meetings and group meetings from English to Mandarin and Mandarin to English;
3. Take written minutes of company meetings;
4. Liaise with Head Office on behalf of members of the management team;
5. Assist in creating communication documents;
6. Assist with scheduling meetings, arranging itineraries and providing background materials;
7. Other duties may be assigned.
▪ Proficient in English, both written and oral
▪ Proficient in written Chinese
▪ Proficient in Mandarin
▪ Demonstrated ability to work with confidential information
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
▪ Inter-personal skills: must demonstrate a track record of positive working relationships at every
level of an organization.
▪ Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
▪ Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and interact effectively with
management, employees, and vendors.
▪ Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents.
▪ Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities
▪ Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
▪ Experience working in translation, construction, manufacturing or food processing is considered