Under general direction and guidance of the Dean, incumbent supports financial aspects of the School of Advancement by developing, maintaining and monitoring budgets and collecting, generating and auditing ongoing financial activities to ensure sound financial and operational practices within the division.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive understanding of all relevant policies, procedures and practices as they relate to budgetary management within the School of Advancement (SOA)
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Responsible for all aspects of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, ensuring proper accounting practices are utilized, taking whatever measures deemed appropriate to rectify/reconcile discrepancies with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Processes invoices e.g. for contractors, purchasing, expense claims, year-end reconciliation, accruals, deferrals and interdepartmental transfers.
- Prepares formal reports on budget status, planning and forecasting, as required by College and funding agencies e.g. annual College budget and quarterly and year-end reports for government ministries.
- Supports year-end audits as required for specific projects which are funded through Ministries.
- Verifies and monitors SOA departmental purchasing card holders Visa statements by making sure appropriate account coding is applied to the transactions.
- Reviews all transactions on a monthly basis and reconciles expenses to the financial system
- Analyses variances between account balances and planned budget, researching unfamiliar charges, initiating corrections (journal voucher/ transfer of expense) as required
- Prepares and submits payroll forms for full and none full time employees as requested by Manager.
- Fields all initial calls and queries by divisional staff and managers regarding accounts and forwarding as appropriate
- Acts as reception back-up during vacation periods and provides office coverage for other departmental support staff as requested by the Manager
- Completion of minimum 2 year College diploma in a related discipline such as Finance or Accounting
- 1 year relevant work experience in an office environment including supporting budget preparations, and reconciliations of the accounts
- Working knowledge of variance analysis, auditing requirements, account reconciliation, year-end activities, financial reporting and employment contract
- Ability to work autonomously, set priorities and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well, with speed and accuracy, under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced level PC skills including MS Office 2000 particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working and team relationships in a diverse environment..
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy and ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
Application send to [email protected]
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!