City of St. Catharines
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop systems (new development, enhancements, maintenance) in accordance with standards.
- Write programs, forms, reports, conversion programs, scripts and utilities and procedures needed.
- Test and debug systems (new development, enhancements, maintenance) in accordance with standards.
- Develop test data, scripts, files, predict results, run tests, verify results, changes and document.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for systems in accordance with standards at a corporate level, systems level and program level
- Develop and describe standard routines, data structure documentation, system dependency chart, cross reference listing of programs, forms, reports, scripts, utilities and files, information flow showing the complete system including staff, source forms and documents, automated procedures and manual procedures, flowchart of automated procedures and narrative of manual procedures, program, forms, reports, scripts, utilities and file documentation.
- Full-time enrollment in a post-secondary institution in a Computer Science, Computer Programming or related program.
- Excellent working knowledge in the following programs is preferred: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access, database, database tools and products, SQL, PLSQL.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Skilled in systems analysis, design and programming of complex databases in a networked environment.
- The successful candidate must be available to work full–time hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm).
Hourly Rate: $16.77
Expected Work Location: City Hall
Hours of Work: Currently Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm.
Please note this is a student position for the Fall term, September to December.
The City of St. Catharines is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process