Open Decisions Inc. – Toronto, ON
About Us Open Decisions is the leading Canadian IT company based in Markham Ontario. Open Decisions provides System Integrated Solutions with IBM blades, Cisco UCS, VMware, Linux and storage technologies. We specialize in delivering tailored IT solutions (Application Readiness Service, Enterprise Installation Services and IT Maintenance/Support Services) to our customers. Our employees continue to be the driving force behind everything we do. We innovate and pride ourselves on creating new offerings and services as they continue to drive new levels of efficiency in our business.
About the Position We are looking for a Systems Engineer to help our customers build out, maintain, and troubleshoot their infrastructures. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure for clients
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Perform Manual test based on the existing testing plan and analyze test results accordingly
- Document system defects and de-bug as per the company’s standard procedure
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- CCNA or equivalent experience in Cisco, Juniper or Huawei environment.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
- Experience in Windows Server and VMware ESXi. Microsoft Active Directory, SharePoint experience is a great asset.
- MCSE, MCP, VMware and/or other relevant certification is preferred.
- Familiarity with Shell Scripting Languages. (Bashshell, Powershell), knowledge of virtualization solutions, particularly VMware, Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, etc.
- Ample knowledge of Windows operating systems (W2K8 r2, W2K12, Win 7, Win 10).
- Experience with Disaster Recovery, knowledge of installation and configuration of hardware/software.
- Proficiency in documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
- In-depth knowledge of network management in a Cisco and Lenovo/IBM/HP/DELL environment.
- Experience in writing test plans, testing according to the plan, and documenting bugs using online tools preferred
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and take initiatives
- Ability to understand cross-browser compatibility issues
- Ability to speak mandarin or Cantonese is an asset
Although we appreciate each application, only those being considered for the position will be contacted.
Open Decisions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Thanks Luo for sharing.