About This Role
We are looking for someone armed with a strong tool-kit to develop and maintain technical solutions that adhere to engineering and architectural design principles while meeting business requirements. You’ll also provide technical expertise with a focus on efficiency, reliability, scalability, and security. This mandate includes planning, evaluating, recommending, designing, operationalizing, and supporting solutions in compliance with enterprise and industry standards. At TD, we hope you’ll be inspired both by the work we do and the people who make it all happen.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Apply your deep technology expertise to ensure all TD areas that touch various technologies have the necessary tools, processes and documentation to operate effectively.
- Execute on TD Technology’s engineering strategy as it relates to the introduction of tools and the automation of build, test, release and configure across application, platform and infrastructure.
- Partner with Operations to automatically integrate with appropriate tools and processes as part of automated/self-serve application, platform or Infrastructure releases.
- Apply an in-depth understanding of relevant business needs and work with technology partners to identify and leverage synergies across the various areas.
- Challenge yourself as an expert, lead innovator and change agent for the programs and services under management.
- Draw on best practices and your knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve products or services.
- Monitor and control costs associated with the work you do.
- Be prepared to collaborate with governance and control groups, (e.g. regulatory and operational risk, compliance and audit), provide your subject matter expertise and consult on risk issues related to Engineering technology and tools.
- Develop and/or contribute to negotiations of third-party contracts/agreements.
- Work with your team, business and tech partners, vendor platform provides, engineering firms etc. to keep abreast of trends, products, frameworks, applications.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of external development, engineering, emerging solutions, market conditions and their impact.
- Work in the L3 support team and willing to carry support cell phone for off hours support as required in emergencies.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Minimum 5 years with solid experience in Java/J2EE
- Experience working in Linux or Unix environment minimum 5 years
- IBM MQ – 3 years minimum
- WebSphere or JBOSS experience minimum 5 years
- 5 years with Banking and Financial
- Candidates with the cloud services will be given preference
- Excellent communications skills
- Driven and self- motivated
- DevOps – good to have
- Experience using MKS or GIT or Clear Case or other code repository
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.
Make your mark. Join a dynamic team. Explore new ideas. This is your opportunity to impact the future of banking technology in areas and ways you’ve never imagined (at a bank)! Visit techjobs.td.com to learn more.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.