Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Cost Accountant is responsible for assisting the management team
establish internal controls and operational procedures for the facility. Work is varied and will evolve as
the company moves from start-up to full production.
The Cost Accountant is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the plant cost records
required for each part and product line. The incumbent will coordinate with materials, Engineering, and
Production to prepare accurate costs to assist with annual budgets, monthly forecasts and bridges for the
variances. This position will be responsible for the standard costs of the facility.
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field;
▪ 3 years of experience in a cost accounting role in the manufacturing industry;
▪ CPA in progress;
▪ Strong planning, communication, and analytical skills;
▪ Ability to work with computers and knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
▪ Strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of
▪ Understanding of manufacturing and plant accounting is required;
▪ Experience and knowledge of production costing and inventory management;
▪ Experience with automated accounting and financial management systems and ERP software;
▪ Experience working in food processing industry highly desirable.
Apply online with cover letter and resume.