About MicroAge Kingston
MicroAge is Kingston’s leading full-service IT outsourcing firm for small- to medium-sized businesses. As a leading IT consulting firm in Kingston, our team delivers industry leading Managed IT Services, IT Support Services, IT Outsourcing Services, Tech Support Services and Cloud Services.
Our employees enjoy a friendly, business casual work environment, opportunities for career development through skills training and advancement as well as a chance to make actually make a difference for the clients we help each day.
About this Position
The CSR (Customer Service Representative) plans for and executes service activities on all assigned products to maximize their availability. The CSR is assigned a full workload, is knowledgeable and experienced in all service requirements and diagnostic/maintenance procedures.
The CSR has an understanding of network environments and a conceptual knowledge of software. The CSR is familiar with the team concepts and works well in a team environment.
- Install and maintain complex computer networks
- Configure various server hardware platforms
- Install Microsoft Server operating systems, configure for use as Hyper-V hosts or guests
- Trouble shoot and repair server and workstation hardware
- Install, configure and troubleshoot various versions of Windows on workstations and laptops
- Configure network devices
- Support and promotion of long term client relationships
- Frequently contacts 3rd party suppliers and vendors for escalations and support
- Prepare thorough client documentation
- Ability to strategize on projects from infancy to fruition
- May have to train users on basic operation of computers and related components
- Backup and data recovery as required
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience receiving and prioritizing trouble calls and diagnosing problems
- Windows 2008/2012/2016 Active Directory experience an asset
- Knowledge and experience with virtualization; Hyper-V or VMware
- RDC experience and understanding of remote management tools
- Windows Deployment Services and/or other imaging tools experience an asset
- Proven ability to work well in a dynamic team environment
- Works well on their own with minimal supervision
Candidates should hold one or more CompTIA certifications at minimum:
Prior experience and/or certifications specific to certain vendors including:
- Hewlett Packard
How to apply for this Position
If interested, please go to our website at http://www.microage.ca/kingston/careers/ and submit your resume by January 12, 2018. Only those candidates meeting the requirements will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate is required to hold a valid Driver’s License and must submit a current drivers abstract if selected for this position.
Job Type: Full-time