Google Technical Services: Professional Services (gPS) is a team of solution-oriented trusted advisors supporting millions of users worldwide. Our consultative services take our deep technical and product expertise and combine it with our powerful understanding of our customer’s needs and goals to solve their biggest business challenges allowing them to grow and get the most out of Google solutions.
The Customer Solutions Engineering team is responsible for developing innovative, cutting-edge solutions to the business problems faced by the world’s largest advertisers. We work as a critical technical partner for our sales teams where your coding abilities, communication skills, desire to solve complex problems, passion for scale and big data, and business acumen will all be leveraged to develop answers to questions most don’t even know to ask. Your solutions will take many forms, from prototypes and demos to education – all with the technology resources of Google to back it up.
You will be responsible for identifying and prioritizing your own projects. You will see the unique business challenges faced by our largest advertisers, and you will be given the opportunity to develop solutions no one else has. Working across the entire organization, you will have the chance to leverage your wide-ranging experience and skill-set to find the best solution for the problems at hand. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoy wearing many hats, we want to talk to you.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Manage technical relationships with a select client portfolio.
- Work with Sales to identify business opportunities leveraging both display and performance solutions supported by Google Technical Services.
- Collect requirements, provide guidance and best practices to apply ad products and technologies to achieve advertisers’ business goals.
- Design and implement complex, cross-product customized solutions with the client.
- Be responsible for end-to-end implementations and escalations handled by other Google teams for named accounts.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years programming experience in Python, Java, or PHP.
- 2 years of experience with web technologies such as HTTP, HTML, XML, etc.
- Customer-facing experience in sales, sales engineering, consulting or related function.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or MBA degree.
- Experience in online advertising industry.
- Experience with big data platforms and large volume data analytics.
- Ability to construct complex yet efficient SQL queries. Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.