- Position Type
- Full Time
IT STARTS HERE.
Imagination, ingenuity and entrepreneurial thinking leads to endless opportunities. Combine your passion with purpose and join MNP’s Technology team as a Cyber Security Architect.
Work with tech-savvy problem solvers who embrace digital transformation, and the possibilities technology brings to the future of our industry. You’ll make an impact by creating and supporting agile, secure, and reliable IT infrastructure that enables MNP to keep pace with business needs.
MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our team members are successfully ‘disrupting’ mid-market business practices.
ROLE @ MNP
- Reporting to the Director, Cyber Security and Risk Management, contribute to the security architecture, design and implementation at MNP
- Design, test and implement security controls aligned with business strategy and based on applicable cyber threats and attack vectors
- Work closely with a team of Security Architects, Experts, Cyber Intelligence and other IT teams to address identified gaps in technical security capabilities, and to improve security practices and standards
- Participate in Information Security risk assessments, incident response and investigation, and provide remediation recommendations where required
- Ensure adherence to security governance processes for the Firm’s long-term security strategy and risk management
- Conduct and participate in threat modeling of services and applications
- Play a key role in increasing the security posture and aligning with international standards and industry best practices
- Create security training and awareness content and work with Human Resources and managers to ensure acceptable training participation and completion levels are achieved and tracked
- Understand current as well as emerging security threats
- Identify security architecture capabilities and design security architecture patterns to mitigate threats
- Work closely with the application team to build in security controls into the Software Development Life Cycle
- Develop and report on key performance indicators, measures and dashboards of all cybersecurity controls across the firm
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years of related Cyber Security experience with at least 3 years of the security architecture experience
- Certifications in one or more of the following: CISM (Certified Information Security Manager) or CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional)
- Expert knowledge of cyber security trends, technologies, and their applicability to the telecommunications industry
- Experience in Enterprise Security Architecture or Risk Management (technical) in large organizations
- Experience in adapting a large organization from predominantly internal technology solutions to more partner-lead and cloud-based solutions
- Strong understanding of the principles and techniques of security risk analysis, and NIST 800-53 controls
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
MY REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!