Do you love data as much as we do?
Precima is a fast-growing company that acts and feels like a start-up, doing some of the most innovative analytics work in the country. Our smart, creative, hard-working teams serve some of the world’s leading retailers. And we always make time for fun.
As the Senior Analyst, Development, you’ll be responsible for the design, development and implementation of complex database systems. The incumbent will carry out data sourcing, transformation, logical/physical modeling, and ETL/ELT development to support deliverables across multiple database projects. S/he will have demonstrated business acumen, particularly in large enterprise projects
The Technology & Data Management team is responsible for the development and implementation of technology to support and enable profitable product, pricing and promotion decisions in support of partner customer strategies. They will influence strategic direction by ensuring analytic activities are developed in line with business objectives. They will contribute to the success of corporate objectives by developing cutting-edge solutions in support of customer-based marketing strategies.
What you’ll do:
- Support translation of business requirements into technical requirements.
- Establish effective solutions to satisfy requirements by:
- Design and implement specifications and solutions per business requirements
- Develop standardized data models
- Author complex stored procedures, SQL Jobs, shell scripts and ETL mappings Design and manage database import / export processes used to generate client data warehouse deliverables
- Assist and support OLAP and Business Intelligence activities
- Ensure that process design solutions satisfy business requirements through post launch training.
- Document detailed procedures to accompany processes for training and testing inputs.
- Assist Production Support staff with the debugging and optimization of production jobs
- On-Going Change Management, and Performance Tuning
- Gather business/analytic requirements from internal and external clients
- Participate in workshops with Business Stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to identify and define complete and correct business requirements, process design solutions
- Advise on best practices; develop optimization of analytic solutions through improvements and simplifications
- Review and advise on technical standards to support business/analytic requirements from internal and external clients
Who you are:
- You will have a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Mathematics
- You will have 3-4 years of working experience with the following:
- Data Warehouse Design
- Data Modeling and Integration
- Data Analysis
- Analytical reporting (Qlikview, Microstrategy)
- Explaining DW operations to non-technical users
- Researching & Analyzing DW systems
- System/Software architecture experience
- You have experience with:
- Data sourcing/migration/quality
- Netezza/Oracle/MySQL (SQL & stored procedures)
- ETL/ELT tools: Informatica/SSIS/DataStage
Perks of our company:
- Located in a state-of-the-art building with free shuttle service from Union Station
- High impact role with interesting challenges
- Flexible hours and strong work life balance
- Free coffee and lattes
- Subsidized catered café
- On-site massage therapy
- Great health and wellness benefits
- One of the highest performing companies in the market (NYSE: ADS)
Precima is a global retail strategy and analytics company that provides tailored, data-driven solutions that drive sales, boost profitability and build customer loyalty. Leveraging our deep analytics expertise, Precima helps organizations improve their competitive position across all facets of planning and operations from assortment optimization, price optimization, promotional optimization, targeted marketing, and supplier collaboration. Precima’s credentials include solutions for Fortune 1000 brands and grocery retailers, including global market leaders. Together with LoyaltyOne, LoyaltyOne Consulting, BrandLoyalty, AIR MILES, and IceMobile, Precima is a part of Alliance Data―a Fortune 500 Company and the global leader in data-driven loyalty solutions. Precima’s head office is located in Toronto, Canada, with global offices in Den Bosch, The Netherlands, Chicago, USA, and London, UK. Precima is a LoyaltyOne company. www.precima.com
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities in accordance with legislation.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
: CAN – Canada-2084 – Ontario-50419 – Toronto-40-LOY – Toronto
40-LOY – Toronto
Toronto M5A 0L6
: Sep 11, 2017, 5:30:16 PM