Why join us?
We are seeking a highly motivated Analyst to join our forward-thinking Treasury team located in downtown Toronto financial core. Reporting to the Manager, Finance and Treasury, you will have the opportunity to influence four key areas within the team. As Treasury Analyst, you will be responsible for: 1) Supporting all transactional flow of funds activity for global acquisitions/dispositions and reorganizations, 2) administering the day to day global electronic payments function for the organization, 3) acting as subject matter expert and database administrator for the Treasury team’s new cash management software platform, and 4) playing a key role in supporting and improving the teams overall internal controls, risk and governance.
You will be a key member of an engaged, high-reaching team—part of a world-class, winning culture that prioritizes people development and focuses on long-term growth. We take great pride in leading the industry by earning respect through every interaction, every day. We go above and beyond to protect and grow relationships by anticipating needs, being honest and considerate and valuing customers as genuine partners.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
• Assisting with preparing funding packages in support of global real estate acquisitions, dispositions, corporate reorganizations, and ongoing operational treasury needs;
• Coordinating all cash movements and funds flow related to equity calls and short term debt facilities;
• Managing the payments desk to ensure timely and accurate processing and troubleshooting of all wires and electronic banking transactions for Oxford’s global platform;
• Act as the ‘subject matter expert’ for technical troubleshooting and database management of the teams new Treasury cash management software system including but not limited to data integration, data onboarding, and data mapping;
• Assist with testing and implementation of subsequent modules and functionality within Kyriba as required;
• Assist with analyzing, improving and documenting the internal controls environment, by ensuring exceptional governance and effective risk management is in place for both the department and the team’s new Treasury cash management system.
To succeed in this role, you:
• Are able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment with frequent changes and tight timeline demands. Thrives in organization that constantly evolves and adapts;
• Are a team player with excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), as you will be expected to interact with various internal and external contacts at varying levels;
• Have strong financial modeling, data mining and advanced level Excel skills as you will be expected to create complex financial models in support of various Treasury initiatives;
• Are analytically minded with the ability to learn quickly;
• Possess the ability to develop a strong understanding of both domestic and international banking, payments, and cash management structures to effectively support the Treasury team’s global cash management mandate;
• Have the ability to ‘see the big picture” and develop a strong understanding of Oxford’s organizational structure to effectively carry out cash management responsibilities;
• Are able to “think outside the box” and recognize key risks, question existing tasks/methodologies with a view to improving overall processes driving efficiencies, and strengthening the existing control environment;
• Are driven to achieving results and continuously strives to deliver the highest performance through creative thinking embrace collaborative sharing of knowledge within a teamwork environment.