Reporting to the Leader, FP&A, the Financial Analyst acts as a trusted client advisor for an assigned Strategic Business Unit (SBU). He/she will provide financial planning and analysis expertise to the assigned SBU and support SBU management for Customer Support activities. They will also provide support to the Manager, Financial Planning in management reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and other special projects as required.
Accountabilities and Essential Job Functions
- Customer/ Growth: Provide financial analysis, support & guidance to SBU management team for Customer Support investments. Participate in the creation of and review of business cases for accuracy and forecasting purposes.
- Financial Performance:. Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting; monthly to include re-forecasts and finance deck preparation and operation review presentations including variance analysis and 3 year outlook, operating review meetings presentations and annual plan and 3 year strategic plan. Identify and communicate plan/forecast risks and opportunities on a timely basis.
- Enhanced Service Delivery: Participate in the creation of and review of business cases for accuracy and forecasting purposes. Review partnership agreements associated with SBU client group and notify management of any issues, risk or other concerns. Ensure financial terms are consistent with forecast and business case if applicable
- Leadership: Lead budgeting and business planning process for SBU client group . Consult with, and build strong, positive and influential relationships with the SBU management team and provide financial guidance and direction.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong analytical skills, ability to perform key performance indicator trend analysis
- An ability to “partner” with operations and sales, with strong communication skills an essential part of the role
- Advanced skills in MS Office, MS Word, MS Powerpoint and MS Excel
- Effective leader with exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well with all levels within the organization
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a high-paced / performance-driven environment
- Fast Learner, results-oriented, and proactive with ability to work independently
- Post secondary education in finance/accounting
- CPA, CMA, or CGA Designation
- 2-5 years experience in Financial Planning & Analysis
- A minimum of 3 years of experience performing complex financial modeling and analysis, and demonstrated proficiency in database management and spreadsheet applications (Excel and other MS office applications)
- IBM Cognos TM1, Hyperion or similar planning/consolidation tool experience is an asset
- Netsuite experience an asset
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability please contact us at 800-274-7280 or via email at [email protected] .
The Future is Collaborative . The Future is Open. The Future is Now.