Since 1973, Eberspaecher has brought state-of-the-art German technology to the North American marketplace. Known for our comprehensive range of independent and compact fuel operated heaters we’ve made a name for ourselves in the transportation industry.
Eberspaecher is a family owned company who is proud of its heritage and proud of the quality products and services they provide globally. The Eberspaecher group specializes in exhaust technology, climate control systems and automotive controls. We recently celebrated the 150 year anniversary worldwide.
As the North American subsidiary of Eberspaecher we will continue to bring you the cutting edge technology and innovative product lineup you’ve come to rely on. Based on user feedback and our deep-rooted commitment to customer satisfaction, we look forward to providing you with our 150+ years of expertise, improved global support and a greater investment in research and development that only a company as large as Eberspaecher can provide.
Scope of Position:
Focus on tax reporting and tax compliance for Canada and U.S. Stay current with tax legislation. Liaise and coordinate tax reporting with all Eberspaecher Climate Control Systems North American companies. Perform routine and ad-hoc analysis. Work on or lead finance projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Prepare working paper and schedules for annual unaudited financial statements and tax provisions.
• Work with Ernst & Young tax department for annual corporate tax returns. Provide analysis and supporting
documents when as requested. Monitor tax installments / estimated taxes for both Canadian and US entities.
• Manage Business registrations in the U.S. and complete state registrations for U.S. payroll.
• Oversee US states annual business information filings, Sales & Use Tax registrations and filings. Validate and
document customer’s tax exemption certificates. Advise sales team regarding tax certificates for special cases.
• Analyze inter-company transactions, prepare transfer pricing annual local reports.
• Document intercompany agreements and non-resident certificates; and file NR withholding Tax.
• Perform deferred tax tasks as per IAS 12, include tax planning reporting packages.
• Response to all tax inquires received from government authorities; external & Internal auditors; & HQ tax team.
• Prepare and document W9, W8BENE, NR4 and any other tax related forms when required.
• Assist month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial reporting, BCS and notes (GAAP and IFRS).
• Compile full set documentations for corporate tax health check as requested by HQ tax department.
• Research, evaluate and provide analysis of tax consequences of proposed actions of the company.
• Support the development of financial budget plans and preparation of business forecast.
• Research, analyze and document applicable accounting policy and tax regulation updates.
• Contribute to department and company improvement projects as required.
• Participate in company-sponsored training relating controlling / finance, safety and quality, and any other
mandated education and training.
• Perform any other duties as required.
Reporting To: Controller
• Exemplary analytical skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Dead line oriented with strong attention to detail
• Good project management skills
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office – especially Excel, SAP, PowerPoint)
1. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• 3+ years progressive experience in Canadian and U.S. tax management
• Experience with IFRS financial reporting, general accounting, insurance, and BCS
2. EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
• Bachelor’s degree and CPA
• Training on IFRS
3. WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Office / manufacturing
• Domestic and foreign businesses
• Foreign parent company
Non CPA with 3+ Years Canadian Corp. Tax experiences: $68 to $72K; With U.S. Corp. Tax Experiences: $70 to $75K
CPA with both Canadian and U.S. Corp. Tax Experience: $77 to $82K.