The Financial Analyst, Wealth Marketing is accountable for managing, analyzing and reporting on the financial performance of the Wealth Marketing Team; specifically, they will support the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process including regulatory and external reports and attestation to the validity of the results. To be successful this person will need to possess strong business acumen and desire to learn, as well as demonstrate outstanding communication skills.
The Financial Analyst, Wealth Marketing will work closely with marketers and senior leadership to provide value added ideas, advice and recommendations on financial governance and regulatory matters including procedures to support decision making within the legal entity / business / function they support.
Financial Analysis & Reporting Delivery:
- Provide ongoing, timely and accurate analysis of financial results to support month-end and quarter-end close processes.
- Provide and document monthly / quarterly performance of various legal entity / business / function for financial information purposes.
- Analyze, communicate and present financials to business partners and senior leadership to align on a recommendation of how to best optimize Marketing spend.
- Prepare/support preparation of monthly / quarterly reporting packages and Financial Statements, (including tax payments and reconciliations where necessary), in accordance with financial frameworks and within the agreed upon timelines
- Help establish comprehensive approach for ROMI/ROI analyses across all marketing activities and processes to constantly monitor and improve results.
- Reviewing all information against budget to check for reasonableness, escalating any areas of concern and making amendments, if necessary.
- Manage reporting schedule to support LOB Marketing leaders on reporting monthly results and aggregate these results, collaborating with others in and outside of the Wealth Marketing team for the Operational Review process.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of KPI metrics across Wealth Management marketing teams.
Client & Relationship Management:
- Act as a subject matter expert to ensure financial information is reported completely and accurately.
- Build strong relationships and provide value add advice to LOB Marketing leaders to ensure financial results are well understood and business results optimized.
- Support financial performance activities, providing business group decision makers with financial information, advice and counsel.
- Liaison with Finance department in driving the alignment of the Wealth Management Marketing measurement methods.
Risk Management, Control, and Financial Governance:
- Provide attestation to the validity of financial results and highlight significant information including variances, trends, opportunities and exposures to their Manager.
- Provide information and support the process for internal and external audits ensuring that requests are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Complete/support the completion of all regulatory and external reporting requirements ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information.
Change & Innovation:
- Optimize the use of new technology and information systems updates to improve processes and system efficiencies.
- Support the operationalization of business/function change initiatives to ensure optimal effectiveness and efficiency from a finance perspective.
- Identify and drive process improvements where required.
- MBA and/or accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA) is preferred, but not required
- 3-4 years’ experience in finance, planning or analytical function, preferably supporting a sales/marketing function within a large organization
- In-depth knowledge of financial services industry
- Advanced skills with SAS, SQL and Microsoft Excel are a must, including expert use of formulas, pivot tables, and ability to create appropriate visualizations
- Advanced skills in Microsoft PowerPoint and Visual Basic are an asset
- Advanced skills in data visualization tools such as Tibco Spotfire, Tableau, and others are an asset
- Experience in Wealth Management preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present ideas to all levels in a clear, concise and compelling manner
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices, financial reporting, and financial analysis.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with senior management, team members and other internal/external colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to work on problems/projects where the field analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Flexible, adaptable and highly motivated
- Sound judgment and decisive with an ability to prioritize competing demand by applying practical and analytic approaches to problem solving
- Professional team player who thrives in a dynamic environment
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Marketing & Advertising
Marketing & Strategy-X000072