Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm on 2018 January 29
POSTING DATE: 2018 JANUARY 22
TITLE: HEARING AID DISPENSARY CLERK: REGULAR FULL-TIME
HOURS OF WORK: DAYS
RATE OF PAY: $20.52 – $23.72
UNION: OPSEU 443
LOCATION: HOTEL DIEU HOSPITAL SITE
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Hearing Aid Dispensary Clerk provides services in a manner consistent with KHSC’S HDH Site’s Mission, Vision and Values and that reflects the core values of Patient and Family Centred Care (dignity, respect, information sharing, participation, and collaboration). The HAD Clerk is responsible for receiving hearing aid dispensary clients; basic troubleshooting assistance; the shipping/receiving of equipment and the maintenance of inventory. The HAD Clerk is responsible for the overall documentation, filing and processing of equipment purchases and repairs/replacements as well as billing to the Assistive Devices Program (ADP) and other Third Party Payers.
- Community College Diploma in Business /Finance or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years’ experience in an accounting environment
- Current Criminal Reference Check (CRC) that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search administered by the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer Literate
- Experience with billing software (e.g. Simply hearing)
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) – will be tested
- Knowledge/experience in accounting principles
- Experience in providing effective customer support
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be capable of maintaining strict confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must be capable of prioritizing work and multi-tasking
- Proven good attendance record
- Bilingualism (French and English) preferred
- Experience with hearing impaired persons would be an asset
- Experience in a health care setting
All candidates will be assessed in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
THIS COMPETITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICANTS.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Department.