We’re looking for an experienced Head of Pipeline to support our team!
You’ll be joining a vibrant entertainment company known for creating, developing and producing award-winning, hit shows such as True and the Rainbow Kingdom for Netflix, the smash-hit PAW Patrol, Mattel’s Ever After High; and our own Emmy Award nominated series Justin Time. Our studio also contributed visual development on the Academy Award nominated animated feature The Breadwinner.
At Guru, quality, original thinking, and respect for our artist’s workflow are at the core of our values. We’re always looking for passionate and committed talent, so come join our dynamic and growing team!
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute directly, manage and report on the development, design, scheduling, deployment
and implementation of tools and workflows for current and new technologies.
- Manage and schedule the Technical Directors across all productions and studio infrastructure
requirements. This includes leading recruitment, daily scrums, weekly technology meetings,
yearly reviews and development plans.
- Review and optimize compute resources working with wranglers and productions to maximize
- Establish development plans collaboratively with team members based on production needs,
technology goals and a fast-moving infrastructure environment.
- Lead weekly review of prioritized artist support tickets.
- Work closely with the IT team, management and producers.
- Oversee the migration of studio wide documentation process with the merging of all the wiki
pages, training software/videos into a single source with a friendly simple to use user
- Mentor technical team members.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team of Technical Directors.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize development based on production schedules and needs.
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a Pipeline Technical Director designing, planning, implementing
and testing artist friendly production solutions.
- Senior level Python and UX / UI design experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Maya’s OpenMaya.
- Working knowledge of Shotgun / Shot Grid.
- Working knowledge of database solutions like Postgres, MongoDB.
- Experience pipelining Houdini’s API, Solaris / USD workflow
Why Join Guru?
- We believe that creativity and quality are paramount, and we select projects that allow us to grow creatively.
- Creating fun is part of our brand! It’s time to be a part of an environment that nurtures your creativity, forward thinking vision, and an innate entrepreneurial spirit!
Guru is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that celebrates the diversity of its employees. We are dedicated to employment equity and welcome applications from people from all Indigenous groups, races, religions, genders and people with disabilities.
We are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience during our recruitment process and are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where candidates and employees feel valued and respected. Guru strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed in the recruitment process as all other candidates. If you have a disability, you may request to be accommodated at any time. Guru will work with all candidates to accommodate individual accessibility needs to the point of undue hardship.