Trinity Communication Services Ltd. – Toronto, ON
Trinity Communication Services Limited was founded in 1990. We are a
diversified Inside and Outside Plant infrastructure build contractor,
servicing major telecommunication and utility companies all across Ontario.
Trinity has a reputation for standards unparalleled in the industry,
striving at all times to maintain rigid controls helping to complete
projects safely, on time and on budget
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
Reporting to and working with the Director of Finance, this full-time position will be responsible for the effective and efficient running of the financial and accounting operations of the company.
This position offers a competitive compensation, benefits and pension plan to the
successful self-motivated candidate.
- Management of day to day accounting activities: accounts payables, account receivables, credit & collections, cash applications.
- Responsible for the general ledger and the preparation of financial statements and reports for senior management including all related reconciliations and documentation.
- Data analysis as required.
- Implement continuous improvement processes to maximize efficiencies within accounting operations.
- Liaise with external auditors, tax advisors and regulators as needed.
- Assist with the annual budget process and monitor monthly budget variances.
- Ensure compliance with federal and provincial reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Other duties as required.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Will be expected to work safely by abiding by the rules of the company and IHSA
- Must participate in all Health and Safety efforts.
- Post secondary degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years experience within an accounting environment.
- Strong skills in overseeing the month end close, preparation and analysis of the financial statements.
- Strong experience managing accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit & collections.
- ERP experience.
- Skilled in using Excel.
- Strong communicator, verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills, strategic thinker.
- Relationship builder, client focused.
- Previous experience working in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Attention to detail with high degrees of accuracy.
- Reliable and responsible.
- Sound decision making and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Ability to work independently but also as a team member.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 5 years