Location: Downtown Toronto
Reporting to: Finance Director of UNIQLO Canada
Key Internal Contacts: Finance Team
UNIQLO is a brand of Fast Retailing Co. (FR), a leading global Japanese retail holding company that designs, manufactures and sells clothing under five brands: GU, Theory, COMPTOIR DES COTONNIERS, PRINCESSE TAM.TAM, J Brand, and UNIQLO. FR is the world’s third largest apparel retail company and UNIQLO is Japan’s leading specialty retailer.
At UNIQLO, we are committed to providing our employees with enriching and challenging opportunities where achievements and personal growth are acknowledged and rewarded. We are dedicated to offering our employees training, performance based increases, and unlimited growth opportunities. If you are an ambitious, hard-working individual who welcomes new challenges, have a drive for success, and embrace the responsibility of leadership—then you belong at UNIQLO!
UNIQLO Canada is looking for an Intermediate Accountant, whom will be a key contributor to our Finance team. This role will report directly to the Director of Finance regarding the monthly and daily accounting operations. The Intermediate Accountant is responsible for all areas of general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and financial reporting.
- Working with the Finance Director to prepare Retail monthly financial statements – consolidated and by store.
- Prepare and generate reports for monthly reporting and any ad hoc reporting.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year–end account reconciliation with supporting schedules and information.
- Prepare posting of original entries for items that are not interfaced and any recurring and/or adjusting entries.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly GST/HST/PST returns for UQ Canada Retail Stores and E-Commerce.
- Reconcile Operation and Payroll bank accounts and sales interface with daily sales report.
- Record intercompany cash transfers and other cash related entries
- Working with Legal team on execution of loan agreements and repayment schedule.
- Execute issuing PO and tracking invoices.
- Execute accounts payable and payments via HSBCnet and other daily cash management.
- Responding to any audit and tax preparation requests.
- Prepare the retail monthly sales information for landlord reporting.
- Assist in new system interfacing project and other special projects.
- Provide guidance and support to junior team members.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) or working towards one
- 5+ years of general accounting experience; preferably in a retail industry
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with an ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with an ability to work well with others
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Oracle / SAP is an asset
UNIQLO Canada is an equal opportunity employer. UNIQLO Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and accommodates person with disabilities. Candidates that are selected for interviews should advise us if they require accommodation