Tilley Endurables is a Canadian clothing and hat company, founded by Alex Tilley. More than 2,600 associated retailers in 18 countries around the world sell Tilley Hats and clothing. Tilley Endurables makes Hats & the finest travel clothing for men & women. Ingenuity, practicality & enduring quality. Made in Canada since 1980.
We’re often asked, “What does it take to make a Tilley hat?”
Most folks already know they’re handmade. But it takes more than one pair of hands to usher a legendary Tilley hat into the world. In all, it takes 23 pairs of hands. 23 highly trained, skilled and caring craftspeople to follow a process first conceived by sailor Alex Tilley in 1980 and then thoughtfully and continually refined over the following decades.
In all, those 46 hands follow 41 steps, a precise and practiced process that begins with cutting cotton and foam canvas and ends with steaming and packing the flawless final product. In between, we’re busy joining, binding, lining, stitching and adding those essential signature details that distinguish a Tilley hat from all others.
Guaranteed for life, an iconic Tilley hat fits low and loose, floats, hides a secret pocket and blocks 98% of the sun’s harmful rays. Proudly made in Canada and designed to endure whatever the world can throw at it, a Tilley hat is more, though, than simply a lightweight, practical, durable, reliable, stylish travel essential. It’s history on your head.
The Junior Accountant will report directly to Financial Controller. This individual is expected to maintain accurate and timely accounting records, and to assist in the preparation of financial statements and other financial reports.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reconcile general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist Financial Controller in the preparation of monthly/yearly closing activities
- Maintain and record fixed assets
- File monthly GST, PST & QST returns
- Prepare and submit government reporting
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job
Qualifications and Skills
- College Diploma or University Degree with a focus in Accounting.
- 2 to 4 years accounting experience
- Currently working toward the CPA Designation, having already achieved the Pre-requisite Education, and currently in the Professional Education Program.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel.
- Must have previous experience using accounting software.
- Experience with Inventory Management software would be an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Strong time management skills to meet tight deadlines
- Proven ability to work under pressure and independently with high degree of accuracy
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- accounting: 2 years