At BMO, we’re transforming the way we do business and your development expertise will help ensure our success.
We’re looking for an intermediate to senior developer to establish an internal ecosystem that will shift the way we work and foster a nimble environment.
As a Developer, you will:
- Champion new approaches and help transform our technological capabilities
- Lead development teams to create a culture of collaboration and innovation
- Analyze business requirements, and develop and test code
- Collaborate with the business team to drive change throughout the organization, enhancing the customer experience
- Continue to build your knowledge of new technology developments that support our business strategies, including automation
Be part of our transformation journey
It’s an exciting time to join BMO as we move from being a traditional bank to an agile organization that offers an ever-improving customer experience. Your expertise will be central to helping us transition our infrastructure and legacy systems. Keeping us abreast of the creative opportunities offered by new technologies and competitive trends, you’ll have the chance to work across multiple platforms and to manage relationships with clients and colleagues in different departments. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who can hit the ground running and wants to keep learning, innovating and growing.
Your Developer credentials will include:
- A university degree/college diploma and/or five years’ experience in the IT industry
- Background in banking or finance
- High levels of self-motivation and stamina
- A focus on delivering results with benefits to the customer
- An ability to think creatively but also pragmatically
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of DevOps tooling capabilities (Confluence, JIRA, BitBucket, Artifactory and Bamboo), and deployment and configuration management capabilities
- Experience of IaaS/PaaS technologies and cloud computing platforms
Required technical skills:
- Experience in iOS and Android Development technologies (xCode, Android Studio, Eclipse)
- Experience in Angular 2 and above and Typescript
- Experience in Node JS, npm
- Experience with Visual Studio, Chrome Developer tools
- Knowledge of native iOS and Android development
- Knowledge of mobile app Security Best Practices
- Knowledge of REST/JSON services
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.