International Admissions Advisor
Reporting to the Manager, International Admissions, the International Admissions Advisor is responsible for providing a comprehensive array of admissions support to Humber’s prospective and new International Student and Agent community. International Student Advisors oversee three major sets of responsibilities. They support international admissions processing and prioritization, agent relations and advising (including immigration-related counselling and advice), and customer service: financial processing and inquiry management.
The successful candidate will have a 3-year diploma/degree in Public Relations, Accounting, Business or equivalent, along with 3 years of relevant experience. In addition the successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated use of initiative both in work load planning and addressing customer concerns, and providing adequate follow up to complaints and concerns.
- Practical experience in a complex service environment that includes financial transactions.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of e-mail software and Microsoft Office Suite, specifically in Excel and Access is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of major educational systems (Nigeria, China, Vietnam, Brazil and India).
- Fluency in a specific second language other than English is strongly preferred. Languages considered include Hindi, Punjabi, Mandarin, Arabic, Farsi, Russian, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Bahasa, Spanish or Portuguese.
Registration with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) and accreditation as a Regulated International Student Immigration Advisor (RISIA) or a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) is considered an asset.
This posting is directed to Humber’s internal full-time employees. However, after the internal candidate process is completed, external applicants will be considered if necessary. Under the external candidate process, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a post-secondary environment. Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate format on request.
Hours Per Week 35
Position Type FT Support
Minimum Salary 27.11
Maximum Salary 31.43
Work Locations Lakeshore Campus 3199 Lakeshore Blvd. West Etobicoke M8V 1K8
Job Family Administrative Services
Deadline to Apply April 28, 2020
Job Posting 4/21/20