theScore’s mission is to create highly-engaging digital products and content that empower the sports fan’s experience. Its flagship mobile app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular multi-sport news and data apps in North America, serving millions of fans a month. The Company also creates innovative digital sports experiences through its web, social and esports platforms.
We rapidly iterate by using an Agile approach to software development along with continuous integration, manual and automated QA. We use code and design reviews to maintain a high level of quality in the app. Our codebase includes both Objective-C and Swift, so experience in both languages is essential. We adopt new releases of iOS immediately and are always looking to push the boundaries of the platform.
We value continuous personal improvement and encourage team members to attend conferences, host meetups and give talks. We open-source our code when possible and maintain an engineering blog in order to give back to the community.
Typical Work Day at theScore
- Work with the product team to design, architect, and ship our amazing applications.
- Implement polished user interfaces with the help of our design team.
- Improve our code through refactoring and applying modern design patterns.
- Perform code reviews with your teammates.
- Solve difficult problems related to large data sets and responsive UIs.
- Help our QA team to automate testing and continuous integration.
- Keep up to date with the latest advances in iOS development.
- Other duties as required.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience in iOS Development and demonstrated skills in delivering high quality code.
- Experience working with Swift.
- Experience developing user interfaces.
- Experience with unit testing.
- A solid understanding of RESTful web services using HTTP and JSON.
- Experience working with Git.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Located downtown Toronto; easily accessible by public transit.
- A/V club, Friday presentations, book library, and more.
- Snacks and drinks provided.
- Awesome patio with BBQ.
- Games room (bring your A game for our FIFA 17, arcade, ping pong and foosball tournaments!)