Join our Canadian reinsurance company and experience the passion it takes to empower and advance our mutual insurance community!
We are looking for an IT Business Analyst who will be the vital link to balance our IT capacity and our business objectives, by supporting and ensuring the successful completion of analytical, building, testing and deployment tasks of our software product’s features.
Who we are and What we offer:
Farm Mutual Re is Canada’s first completely Canadian-owned reinsurance company formed in 1959 by mutual insurance companies from across Ontario, who provide their members with farm, personal and commercial insurance products.
At Farm Mutual Re, not only are we invested in the success of our mutual community, but we believe that our employees are our greatest asset. Our office is in Cambridge, Ontario off the 401 in a state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly building. Our employees enjoy perks that include complimentary access to an on-site gym, yoga classes, ping-pong table and mini-massages. Our culture is supportive of achieving a balanced, healthy and family-oriented lifestyle. In addition to a great working environment, we invest in our employees continued professional development, offer a competitive salary, employer-paid benefits, pension plan and more.
Define Business Requirements
- Help design, document and maintain system processes
- Define configuration specifications and business analysis requirements
- Define reporting and alerting requirements
- Ensure IT solutions meet client needs. Recommend options, identify risks, and cost vs. benefits
- Perform quality assurance
- Own and develop relationship with partners, work with them to optimize and enhance our integration
- Provide recommendations for business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technologies
Manage Customer Expectations
- Keep clients informed of problems, issues, and resolutions
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics to ensure client satisfaction
- Lead development and communicate business requirements and functional specifications for the design and implementation of business solutions
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to product team
- Communicate key insights and findings to product team
Identify Improvement Opportunities
- Analyze client operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities for improvements
- Proactively be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in Business/Systems Analysis or Quality Assurance
- Scrum Master, Product Owner and/or IIBA Certification are definite assets
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing
- Experience with Screens wireframing, BPMN and UML
- Solid experience using some of the following tools:
- Process Models
- Use Cases and User Stories
- Story Boards
- Mock-ups and Prototypes
- Data Dictionary
- Business Forms
- Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools
- Basic knowledge in generating process documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
How to Apply:
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our team. Visit our website and complete our Employment Application by Friday, December 8, 2017.
Farm Mutual Re is committed to providing accommodations and to achieving a barrier-free workplace for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by considering your individual accessibility needs.
Job Type: Full-time