|Job Title||IT Manager||Date Issued||October 2019|
The IT Manager is responsible for the execution of the overall technology strategy while directing IT operations and governance through value-driven solutions for both Toronto and Montreal offices . This individual will be “hands on” and plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Manage external vendors and internal teams including monitoring budgetary performance, reviewing and recommending all capital expenditures, while creating effective partnerships and negotiating advantageous agreements with external service providers and software vendors
- Improves business processes and reduces costs within IT function and elsewhere in the organization.
- Day-to-day management and planning of desktop support team comprised of 1-2 employees.. Lead by example through appropriate hands-on participation and oversight of all IT activities
- Proven background experience in IT infrastructure, software development, and IT management
- Provide expert counsel and guidance to senior management on information technology and its impact across the full range of business strategy, programs, products and services, and operational issues.
- Work with senior leadership team to identify and manage risks to operational activities, planned and unplanned changes that may impact service levels
Skills and Behaviour:
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience interacting with business units and discussing business strategies, planning and processes
- Proven track record in leading a team of IT professionals and delivering customer service to a dynamic business organization
- Detailed knowledge of IT Operations procedures and processes
- Ability to work effectively and set priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Solid business sense with a strong customer focus.
- Industry recognized certification is an asset
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management Systems, or equivalent professional degree with 5-7 years of relevant technical and 2-3 years of managerial experience
- At least 5 years of experience leading a diverse network consisting of multiple offices and external networks
- A broad knowledge of IT and business processes required to support enterprise voice and data network environments, experience with next generation networking platforms, specifically WAN (WAN), and cloud connect protocols.
Innocean Worldwide Canada is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and teamwork. We encourage all qualified applicants to inquire below. Any disability-related needs will be accommodated throughout the recruitment process.
Apply online and send a copy of application to [email protected]