Position Title: Software Program Manager – Automotive Infotainment
ThunderSoft is reinventing itself as a company. We are driving forward, accelerating change, and opening the door to new thinking and advanced technology. Our vision is to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles solution. Our employees represent a true cross-section of cultures, demographics, and lifestyles, which help ThundrSoft to succeed worldwide.
The program manager will be responsible for program management in the software group for North America Top OEM Infotainment system development. The program manager’s responsibility spans the entire software life cycle beginning with the software requirement definition and project planning to the final delivery of a commercial product to the market. The program manager will work closely with both local and global software teams. They will also have to interact with different functional groups, different countries, covering US, Canada, China. In order to deliver the software of product line on time, with high quality and within budget. This position will provide opportunities to grow both technical and non-technical skills.
- Manage software projects to ensure product delivery on schedule and with high quality;
- Utilize software requirements to work with component teams to create, maintain and track the project schedule;
- Proactively drive and coordinate different teams to ensure each milestone is reached on schedule;
- Manage changes, risks, and issues. Ensure issues get highlighted, addressed and resolved timely and effectively;
- Track project progress and report status to the management team;
- Take ownership of managing dependencies and coordinate between teams as needed
- Monitor project quality assurance (QA) activities;
- Manage vendors (e.g. 3rd party suppliers), including requirements, delivery, quality, reporting and so forth.
Required Skills and Experiences
- Minimum 5 years of software project management experience in software companies
- Minimum of three years of working experience in the automotive industry
- Solid working knowledge of project management methodologies and tools
- Experience in managing project through the complete software management lifecycle
- Knowledge of embedded product software and test
- Experience in developing and deploying products in global markets with virtual teams
- Working knowledge of Scrum/Agile software development process
- Solid experience as a Scrum master
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, discipline, strong sense of responsibility, delivery and schedule commitment
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team, good team worker
- Strong leadership, excellent coordination, and interpersonal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experiences
- Knowledge of ASPICE or CMMI is a plus
- PMP or related certification is preferred
- Working experience of Android platform is a plus
- Experience in automotive and/or portable consumer electronic devices is a plus
- History of success in applying project management skills in a complex environment is a plus
Education and Training:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
Advanced degrees preferred