- Work closely with project stakeholders translating user needs, defining the business and system requirements and specifications on each project.
- Manage the Business, Creative and Technical solutioning process with cross-functional teams
- Manage the project roadmap though out the product development process
- Work within an Agile and/or Waterfall environment to produce business and system requirements documents * Provide professional client-facing documentation (SRS – System Requirement Specifications, BRD – Business Requirements Documentation etc.)
- To support the requirements, use wireframes (using Balsamiq Mockups / Axure etc.), UX workflows, use cases, process diagrams etc.
- Create interactive prototypes to explore and test the effectiveness of an application’s interaction design
- Conduct usability tests to ensure that the end-user’s needs are being met
- Create personas / user profiles around an application’s target audience
- Develop and maintain detailed product specifications and UX design patterns.
- Plan and execute UX testing of prototypes, monitor user feedback and suggest design changes based on this data.
- Assist project manager to establish project scope & facilitate requirement clarifications, collaborating with the UI Design team and dev team to troubleshoot problems/roadblocks throughout the design & development cycle
- Build and maintain good strong relationships with clients and stakeholders and act as a proxy for the client to the development teams
- Lead the charge for excellent user experience design on the project team
- Research latest technologies, best practices, and online trends to provide recommendations for the team across all platform targets, mobile & web.
- Communicate with cross geographic and cross functional teams and be the main point of contact for project requirements.
- Collaborate to define the product; interface with many stakeholders in the company to drive product decisions and schedules
- Coordination of scope creep and change management process
- Assist with proposals and pre-sales.
What You Bring To The Team:
- Bachelor degree in computer science, software engineering or similar training (or equivalent experience)
- 2+ years of Business Analysis experience, preferably in Mobile App Projects
- 2+ years of requirements gathering and information discovery experience
- A passion for Mobile Technology
- The ideal candidate is expected to have skills and experience in information architecture, user experience design, and should be well versed in industry standard techniques for information discovery and problem analysis.
- Passionate about keeping up to date with the latest trends of the technology industry and current technology trends in IT, specifically mobile, design patterns and improves domain knowledge through continual professional development
- Technical background
- Keen eye for great UX design.
- Proven diagnostic, analytical, attention to detail, problem solving skills
- Team player with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with multiple projects and balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong time management skills to manage multiple projects
- Can effectively communicate designs to team members, articulate design and technical decisions to clients and effectively manage workloads to meet deliverables within agreed timeframes
- Enjoys working with developers and designers to understand technology requirements and capabilities
Requirements – Nice to Have:
- Experience in process mapping, process design, documentation and diagrams like system flow diagram, Activity diagrams, Use Case diagrams (UML) , Class diagrams, State diagrams, Sequence diagrams etc
- Experience in preparing Business Requirements Documentations (BRDs), System Requirement Specifications (SRSs), System Design Specifications (SDSs), functional specifications
- Experience in UX Design
- Experience in Usability testing, user-centered design, prototyping, information architecture
- Experience with wireframe design tools such as Balsamiq, Axure etc
- Training in interaction design, cognitive science, human computer interaction, or similar training.
- Experience in software development, specifically for mobile apps
- Strong product sense and the ability to own large areas of product design and usability
- Experience in leading technical architecture, coding standards, etc
- TheAppLabb is a leading product innovation firm focused on strategy, design, and development of cutting edge apps.
- With 6 global offices, TheAppLabb has created over 500 apps for clients ranging from leading enterprises to exciting innovative start-ups.
- TheAppLabb’s comprehensive 360-degree product development process includes ideation, research, app strategy, design, development, maintenance and customer acquisition.
- Through its R&D division, TheAppLabb builds solutions with emerging technologies like Artificial Intelligence, IOT, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and Blockchain.
- Through its Incubator, TheAppLabb actively invests in startups & helps them with product development and corporate development
- TheAppLabb has developed mobile apps for top brands such as Unilever, Samsung, Dell, Electrolux, Frigidaire, RBC, Hudson’s Bay, Teknion, Toronto International Film Festival, Canadian International Auto Show, Rapala, Park N Fly, Banff World Media Festival, Ontario Real Estate Association, etc.
If you are interested, please respond back with your cover letter & resume to our email: jobs(at)theappLabb.com
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Toronto, ON
- Business Analysis: 2 years
- Mobile App: 1 year